Was GD helping in the design process of the Lavi?

Not officially, but the similarity of many of the design elements is not a coincidence.

The Lavi programreceived massive funding from the U.S. until its capabilities started to threaten the F-16 export market. At that point US funding was cut off.

Not officially, but the similarity of many of the design elements is not a coincidence.

The Lavi programreceived massive funding from the U.S. until its capabilities started to threaten the F-16 export market. At that point US funding was cut off.

Interesting to say the least ...

So the Lavi got F-20'ed ...

-Gregg

Here's one from the wayback machine: I chased the 191 FIG's full color station wagon all over Michigan in the summer of 1991 trying to catch her in bright sunshine in a place I could get a photo! I ended up at Selfridge, and thanks to the help of a couple of 171 FIS folks, got out to the last chance area for some pics.

This is F-16B 82-1026 in the first iteration of her Six Pack markings.

F_16_B_82_1026_191_FIG_1991.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So Speed Hunter Graphics has announced a 1/32 decal sheet with a 180th FW plane (block 42) in 5th Gen Have Glass paint. This is not a WHIF. Anyone have pics they can share of this bird?

I had thought that this scheme was going to be confined to Viper units with a SEAD/DEAD mission. Has the mission of this unit changed, or is the scheme slated for wider use?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Al Ain Air Championship. Aircraft was prepped for airshow by stripping all the equipment off to sanitize it and make it suitable for public photography, and adding the smoke gernerators. Its funny to me how when I'm back home in the states, I live about an hours drive away from the F-16 plant, and I drove an hour away from where I'm living over here in the desert to shoot these pics.

JSoEXf.jpg

tMiQSy.jpg

uRTMIs.jpg

TQwrhg.jpg

CAI4kB.jpg

fp2vx1.jpg

bxfSk5.jpg

YUZYq7.jpg

GvA4to.jpg

Edited by Ishthe47guy
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

New weapons for the F-16:  development of Turkish air-to-air missiles "Gokdogan" and "Bozdogan" have progressed to the first guided flight tests & flutter testing stage.

EA6UivyXsAEpZlc.jpg 

EKUTfjZXUAYqmri.png

Edited by KursadA
On 2/3/2020 at 12:43 AM, Alternative 4 said:

Does anyone have pictures of 86-0341 with it's Tuskegee commemorative red tail? Pics aren't easy to come by.

I know Jake has pics of it. Ping him in the Reid Air Publishing sub-forum.

• 2 weeks later...