Qatar Airways Decals??

I fly to and within the Middle East quite a bit. Qatar Airways is one of my favourite "small" airlines from that part of the world..

Does anyone know whether there is any commercially available decals for this airline?

Qatar_Airways_A330-302_en_Madrid.jpg

If there is one, I might be convinced to build an Airbus 320/330.

Cheers,

Giles

Try Draw Decal set 44-A330-1 for 1/144 or 20-A330-1 for 1/200

Nazca Decals also does a set of Qatar airlines decals for tha A319/320/321

thanks!

Where could I get that? I tried Hannants, but no luck...

Cheers,

Giles

A320s are available in 1/144 from Revell and 1/200 from Hasegawa

A330s in 1/144 from Revell, but can be hard to get hold of sometimes. Evilbay is sometimes the best option.

For an A330, get an A340, get the Hamilton Hobbies CF6's (Try Southern Sky) and cut the A340 to A332 length and get the A330-200 tail from Bra.z.

Yup, looks like that is the only way to build an A330...

I could get an A340 from the LHS. While I'd really like to build an airliner I fly regularly on, I am less keen to "cut and paste". Have enough bashing and puttying to keep me occupied for a while in the other GBs. I just want a clean OOB build and stick on the decal of my habitual "steed".

We'll see...

Cheers,

Giles

Qatar flies the -300 too. If you can get hold of any Revell A330 kit, it'll have the GE CF6 engines that Qatar use. They're not 100% accurate (they're the early ones, and Qatar fly the more recent variation), but they look the part IMO.

Qatar flies the -300 too. If you can get hold of any Revell A330 kit, it'll have the GE CF6 engines that Qatar use. They're not 100% accurate (they're the early ones, and Qatar fly the more recent variation), but they look the part IMO.

:lol:

vc-10, you are really persuasive... the customer is already sold :rofl:.

I did some research on my own... The Revell A330 and A340 kits are of the -300 version, so they share identical fuselage and wings :D.

I know Qatar flies the -300 (13 in the fleet) too. I have flown on these between Doha and North Africa. The longer legs between Europe and Asia are normally served by the -200 (18 in the fleet) because they have longer range. Since I fly more often on the -200, I thought it might be nice to build one.

The "cut and paste" to make an A330-200 isn't daunting. And, I found I could get the Bra. Z resin bits (including GE CF6 engines) from Hannants. But, what I really wanted to do a simple OOB build ... I guess I always have a way of complicating things.... :thumbsup:.

Anyway, I went out today and bought the last Revell A340 from my LHS. The only problem I have now is the kit's Wiener Philharmoniker decals looks too good to be wasted... If I end up building more than one airliner, it's all your fault :P.

Cheers,

Giles

The Bra.z CF6 are not A330 versions.

They are probably A310 or A300 ones.

If you use the A340, the slats stop at the 1 and 4 position (A340) so you will have to rescribe them, as well as fill in the 1 and 4 engine holes.

The Bra.z CF6 are not A330 versions.

They are probably A310 or A300 ones.

Thanks, GCA333!

I was a lil' suspicious of that too. Dropped an e-mail enquiry with Bra. Z but haven't received the answer.

If you use the A340, the slats stop at the 1 and 4 position (A340) so you will have to rescribe them, as well as fill in the 1 and 4 engine holes.

No worries about the engine mounting hole. Revell's instructions asked me to drill holes... I'll just ignore it :taunt:.

Not quite sure I understand your slats point. You meant the leading edge slats stop at positions (1 and 4) where the 1 and 4 engines are to be mounted on an A340? :)

Also, I recall seeing some photos here on the mod (conversion from A340) needed on the underside of the A330 wing. But can't remember what it was exactly... :D

Giles

There's a small pannel line you need to fill. If you look at the leading edge of the wing, you'll see a small section of the slat with a kinked line. Fill the kinked one!

There's a small pannel line you need to fill. If you look at the leading edge of the wing, you'll see a small section of the slat with a kinked line. Fill the kinked one!

vc-10, got it thanks!

Turned out my flights on the QR A330s are split 3:1 on -200:-300. So, I'll probably cut and paste the fuselage.

Anyone has any idea how I could order the decals for the 2006 Asia Games commemorative scheme from Brazil Decals? My e-mail from 2 weeks ago remained unanswered.

I have placed an order with Draw Decals in the meantime.

We'll see how it goes.

cheers,

Giles

OK, I decided to take the plunge.

Just waiting for my DRAW Decals to arrive. Will be making an A330-200 with Qatar Airways.

I have a quick question - How should I deal with the windows and cockpit in 1/144?

Seems there are two ways...

Not a lot of progress but it is some. I have the interior of the fuselage painted black(god I love that song!!!).

001.jpg

OR

I filled in the windows using the two part milliput (white) putty from the inside of the fuselage halves before gluing them together. After sanding I filled in any remaining small gaps/holes on the outside using normal grey putty, before primer.

Since this is my very first airliner, I should ask you guys before I go off on a tangent to detail the cockpit and interior that no one will see after the fuselage is closed...

Giles

Windows seem to look better if you fill them with something clear at least.

This might interest you: Filling Windows

EDIT: Spelling

:bandhead2: I like those pinhead passengers!

Don't think I'd do that for my first airliner though...

Let's wait for DRAW decals to arrive and we'll see how to tackle this one.

Giles