Tamiya Flat Base, Another Question...

I recently purchased some Tamiya Flat Base, to use as to brush paint to top coat an acrylic finish color on an interior as well as a similar detail part. The result was a milky white finish. My intent was to use it like Testor's "Dullcoat",but without having the lacquer over acrylic compatability issues. It this base only meant to be airbrushed? I don't use my airbrush often, as I haven't mastered it. Perhaps now would be a good time to start... Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

David

Thanks Ian,

I was mislead by the owner of the small hobby shop that I purchased the Tamiya Flat from. I just read the "sticky" Paint Compatability posting that is at the top of the Tools 'n" Tips section. Am I correct in assuming that the PollyScale Clear Flat would be the way to go? Thanks.

David

It is a flatting agent which when added to other acrylic paint (including Future/Klear) makes the finish of the paint matt.

Like Ian said, it works great for creating a dead flat finish when added sparingly to acrylic paints such as when trying to paint uniforms, seats, etc. I also feel that adding it to Future to make a topcoat is an exercise in frustration. Especially when PolyScale clear flat is available.