Hi everyone and welcome to ARC's Spitfire GB!!

Please post your entries here -

Heres a format that you could use -

Manufacturer and Scale...

Any Aftermarket Goodies..

Reference picture or profile of your aircraft if you have one...

Anything else we should know.....

Edited by moeggo

Starting with a pair of Silver Spitfire.

MJ250

Silver MkIXc with 601 Sqn as UF.Q

MJ250prof.jpg

Base kit is the ICM MkIX high back.

Ultracast Prop and spinner, wheels, exhausts, chin, seat, elevators, early 'c' cannon covers and early 'small' rudder.

Markings (and the profile above) from the Iliad Designs 'Silver Spitfires sheet. (Iliad Designs)

This is the colour scheme that the BBMF MkIX MK356 wore for the 2008 season. The camo upper cowl/fuel tank cover is open to question as the only know photo of this aircraft is grainy and inconclusive.

601spitmj2502.jpg

There was some debate online when MK356 was painted, and the general consensus was that it was all over silver and the difference in shade was a combination of exhaust/fuel staining and the difference in the materials used. However, I've found photos of other Silver/NMF Spitifres that do have a painted top cowl/fuel tank cover as depicted in this profile, so its not out of the question. At this time I'm undecided which way to go.

TE395

Silver MkXVIe with 601 Sqn as HT.D

TE395prof.jpg

Base kit is ICM lowback MkIX fuse and assorted ICM parts from the spares bin.

Ultracast Prop and spinner, wheels, exhausts, chin, seat, elevators, late 'e' cannon covers.

Markings also from the Iliad Designs sheet.

Cheers,

Matt

"Eagle" squadron Spitfire Mk IIA P7308 of No. 71 Sqn, North Weald, August 1941

1/48 Tamyia MkI with the bits needed for a Mk IIa pinched from an Airfix Spitfire kit or scratched.

AeroMaster Decals and perhaps a few other AM bits I have not decided upon yet.

Plt Off Bill Dunn was flying this aircraft on the 27th of August 1941 when he became "Eagle" squadrons first Ace after downing two Bf109F's

Spit_MkIIA_Eagle_Sqn_02.jpg

I'll start with that and If I have enough time.........Perhaps

Spit_MkVB_Eagle_Sqn_02.jpg

Cheers,

Mark

I'm building the Spitfire Prototype, K5054, using articles in March 2006 MAM as reference.

Tamiya 1/48 Spifire I

Paragon Conversion

Some Eduard & Ultracast bits & pieces.

Pix already posted in build thread ...

Edited by jRatz

Gents:

A 72nd Scale Fujimi Spitfire 14E from the Belgian Air Force circa 1951. Pretty well straight out of the box with decals by Tally Ho (the good old Canadian ones.) The a/c in question has a Canadian background in WWII when it was coded RM882 with 414 Sqn RCAF.

scan0002-1.gif

Alvin5182

Well, I suppose I have to do at least one Spitfire, although my to build list for the next six months is starting to get a bit crowded. Still, I will put a pair on the list for now:

Build 1

Pegasus 1/48 Spitfire Mk 1.

Aftermarket used: none except for decals and perhaps a pilot figure.

The plan for this one is a simple build maximizing what I can do with simple kit detailing and paint work as opposed to going crazy with details. Of course it is hard to go crazy with a kit that only has 22 parts!

Build 2

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk 1

Aftermarket used: none except for decals, probably roundels at least

I figure why not build a Spitfire kit from the country that invented the Spitfire? Plus I like the looks of the two bladed prop birds from 1938 in a sea of BoB versions.

I'm in with a 48th ICM IXc painted up as John Patterson's CF-NUS circa 1961-64 (formerly NH188, now in the Canada Aviation Museum in Ottawa) in the Kingfisher Blue scheme.

I'll be using the Whiskey Jack decal set with some Ultracast parts (haven't decided which ones yet...probably prop/spinner, wheels and exhaust)

maybe the Eduard phtoetch set too....not sure

CFNUS.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good match for the Kingfisher Blue?

Hi Everyone-

Going to make an easy start here given my long layoff from building (and the fact my bench and gear are buried!) I'll start off with a pretty much OOB and progress from there.

To begin: Airfix Mk. IXc with an Ultracast seat and wheels - IPMS Canada Decals for George Keefer's GC-K, 412 "Falcon" sqn. RCAF. Keeping it simple. If I have time I'll try to do a Seafire XV in an RCN scheme (will take a bit more work....)

Crappy picture, will find a better one:

GC-K.gif

Cheers!

A

G'day, i'm using Tamyia 1/48 spit mkVn converting to a Vc using Montex c wing, ultra cast metal control surfaces, propelller and exhausts, and seat, eduard mkvb cockpit set. Aeromaster raaf spit decals. My first convesation and Group build very excited by this, but have to start in 3 weeks time due to work and moving house.

Regards Rodney

I'll join in here too with a 1/32 Seafire 47 from the Matchbox Spitfire 22/24 and the Jen's "Brit Bits" resin conversion. I'm working on this for a GB on the Large Scale Planes website, hope it's OK to double up like that. Two birds with one stone. The other GB finishes at the end of February, so if there is time I would like to start another conversion. This time a Seafire XV of the Royal Canadian Navy, with the Hasegawa 1/32 Spit V as a starting point and the Warbirds conversion set.

The Seafire 47 conversion bits are wonderful if you haven't seen them. I'll try to post some photos this evening if I can.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by anotherP51nut

I'm in. Looking at two kits for this group build.

1) 1/48 Idea (A copy of Hobbycraft's) Seafire MkV. Just recently closed the fuselage so its less than 50%

2) 1/48 ICM Spitfire. Am deciding whether its a Mk VII or Caldwel's Mk VIII.

Cheers, :blink:

Manufacturer and Scale...
1/32 Revell (Hasegawa Re-box) Mk. I
Any Aftermarket Goodies..
Just looking for decals, otherwise this will be OOB
Anything else we should know.....
I'm looking for markings/refrences to an early black/white undersides Spitfire

I'm in. In fact, I may be able to get two or three in before the Jun '09 deadline.

First will be a PR.XIX based on the Academy XIVc kit.

Z.jpg

Gonna fix that step in the rear canopy and "bowzerize" the wing. Ultracast seat and Quickboost spinner.

Hi

New to the ARC forum and have not built any planes for about 5 years!

I'll hop in with a Tamiya Spit 1/48th Douglas Bader 242 Sqdn Got to love a guy who was an Ace with 2 amputated legs and would smoke a pipe in the cockpit well flying!

Be pretty much out of the box with some cut flaps rudder and elev. Maybe some bits and pieces of wire and foil........and of course a pilot with a pipe.

Cheers!