Arado 196 (or any other floatplane for that matter)

Does anyone have any references, particularly for an Arado 196, showing the colour used for the underside of the floats?

I am assuming they would be the same colour as the underside of the main airframe, but I just wondered if this was actually the case or whether a different coating/laquer was used below the waterline.

Somehow it just doesn't "feel" right painting the underside of floats in RLM65, it probably IS right, but it just feels wrong if that makes sense.

Also, does anyone know of a reasonable Humbrol match for RLM 72/73, assuming I am correct in thinking this would have been the scheme worn by an Ar196? IPMS Stockholm seems to offer two completely different colours for RLM73;

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/s...rts_germany.htm

I've tried to find a colour reference to show what the 72/73/65 combination actually looked like so I can make a semi educated guess

Cheers

att

Ullmann's 'Luftwaffe Colours' says that the Ar-196 was indeed painted 72/73/65 post-1939. The details are not especially clear; it seems a different sort of lacquer was used for the floats, but that the colour was the same.

edit: Of the shades from the IPMS Stockholm site, the 'greener' (i.e. 34056 / 34092) shades most closely match the colour chips in Ullmann, though the chips look somewhat darker.

cheers,

Jason

Edited by Jason C-C