I'm curious... has anyone ever seen one of these anigrand beasts actually completed? I've googled around a bit and found nothing.

Well some progress to report. I started on the cargo area walls deciding to use the Revell kit as a ref. I made the mistake of checking a few photos and realised how much was missing from the Revell kit. So after 2 hours of checking photos I started on the walls, mainly marking and cutting holes in some sheet which is not that exciting. I will post progress photos on the next installment though.

:thumbsup:

Lol, know exactly how you feel. Make sure you draw the line before you lose interest. Have you considered adding lighting to the interior? It might be easier than you think, seeing as you're building everything from scratch. A kit of a few LEDs, resistors and a battery pack probably isn't too expensive.

Chris

I'm curious... has anyone ever seen one of these anigrand beasts actually completed? I've googled around a bit and found nothing.

There was one built over on the Draw Decal site...needless to say it was OOB :D

C17_0295.jpg

C17_0300.jpg

C17_0292.jpg

I have also seen a picture of one built for the Anigrand USA (Nostalgic Plastic) stand at last years Nats, again OOB

Lol, know exactly how you feel. Make sure you draw the line before you lose interest. Have you considered adding lighting to the interior? It might be easier than you think, seeing as you're building everything from scratch. A kit of a few LEDs, resistors and a battery pack probably isn't too expensive.

Chris

I have not thought about it, I suppose I will see how it looks, if I like how it turns out OK I will look into the lighting side of things. The problem would be where to put the power pack? Inside or outside :D

:cheers:

OK,

Here are few pictures of the interior as it stands now. I have stuffed up a few measurements, I use the TLAR method so I am not worried.

Here is the cargo hold area with started wall panel taped in

C-17interior1SM.jpg

Another veiw of the forward cargo area showing the almost finished stairwell ( I just need to add some steps)

C-17interior3SM.jpg

And finally a view of the cockpit area.

C-17interior2SM.jpg

Oh, and I cut the cockpit roof off so I could sort out the fit of the cockpit area easier, it was starting to give the sh*ts not being able to locate it possitively.

:)

Edited by Trojan Thunder
There was one built over on the Draw Decal site...needless to say it was OOB :D

C17_0295.jpg

I have also seen a picture of one built for the Anigrand USA (Nostalgic Plastic) stand at last years Nats, again OOB

:worship:

Good god, the front windscreen looks like it's cylon! :woo:

bsg03-raider24a.jpg

You can definitely see the glaring errors anigrand made once it's all put together. The wing root needs moving as you said, the windows are placed wrong, the engine inlets look too round, and the walls are too thin. They need to look a little "droopier" and thicker. That's just from a cursory glance!

You've definitely decided to tackle a monster of a kit, and I don't mean size.

Edited by Dez
Yup,

That is why I could not build 'as is'

Amongst a myriad of other glaring errors. :thumbsup:

You're almost making me want to stock up on milliput and cash to give one of these beasties a go... almost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Finally getting back to this one, have been adjusting the fit of the cockpit floor and started to add some parts to it. The side consoles are way over sized so they have been cut down in length and height. I also cut down the centre console before gluing it to the instrument panel and realised I cut too much off. So I added some card to the top of it to build it back up again. The bulkheads have been a pain to shape but I think I am there. Next is to add the observers consoles behind the main left and right one.

My airbrush is now serviceable so I can get some painting happening as well.

C-17Cockpit1SM.jpg

C-17Cockpit2SM.jpg

C-17Cockpit3SM.jpg

I managed to snap over a 100 shots of the beast at the Avalon airshow, fortunately there was no one around except the crew. So I have plenty of reference to work from now.

:cheers:

I admire your work, especially building and changing such a complex kit, resin is not the best material to work with and you are scratch building the interior there is a lot to be done. I have the 1/72 C141A Starlifter but I think I shall leave it for a while as it might make me go mad building it, and I certainly won't be building it with the ramps down, hopefully all will go well with your model

PS England won the Ashes

• 4 months later...
How is the build going

HI Kev,

I have been doing a little work on the interior, nothing really new to show, just duplicating the work I have done on the port cargo bay wall for the starboard side. My New Year's resolution is to get this one back on the bench.

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
HI Kev,

I have been doing a little work on the interior, nothing really new to show, just duplicating the work I have done on the port cargo bay wall for the starboard side. My New Year's resolution is to get this one back on the bench.

:woot.gif:

I have not even looked at my Starlifter yet, maybe you will give me inspiration when yours is finished

Hey Ray,

I don't know if you've seen the news, but Anigrand is going to re-release the C-17 with a reprofiled nose and sponson. No word if they're moving the wing back to the correct location, though.

Mike

Hey Ray,

I don't know if you've seen the news, but Anigrand is going to re-release the C-17 with a reprofiled nose and sponson. No word if they're moving the wing back to the correct location, though.

Mike

Hi Mike, I saw that and panicked until I saw they are only doing the nose and the one sponson.

I suspect nothing else will be done, like moving the main wheel wells, reshaping the tail, rescribing the entire fuselage as per the real thing, etc, etc. At least they are going part the way to fixing it. There is still a lot of work to make it right.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Trojan Thunder
Any news!?!?!?! Awesome work..........

Still clearing the bench of other projects, but I better get a move on before Anigrand relase another updated kit that fixes all its problems. I wonder if they have been watching my thread for the fixes and want to send me the update parts for free :thumbsup:

You guys will be the first to know when I get back into it.