I see were Spook is coming from, IS free advertising if you ask me. Not sure how Steve handles things but stuff like this could bother paying advertisers.

I totally agree, it is free advertising. But I don't see how it's any different from me posting "check out this new online hobby store" or "check out Trumpeter's new offering" threads? The owner didn't even ask me to post it, I offered after seeing that he'd posted it on HS.

One time posts are quite reasonable IMHO, but people running ad campaigns on here is unfair to Steve and the advertisers, and I've reported folks doing that in the past. But many people have used ARC to launch competing websites, announce new products (decals, resin, etc), announce store sales, etc. and Steve has been okay with it. He seems to be okay with it in this case - he moved the thread to the buy & sell forum when he could have just deleted it, and I know him well enough that he'd have no problem telling me to smarten up if I was breaking the rules.

B

Or indeed, 'check out my ebay auction' posts...

Don't like the prices? Don't buy. Or contact the seller to make him an offer. Or contact him to suggest his prices are out of whack. I really don't see what complaining here on ARC is meant to achieve.

Or indeed, 'check out my ebay auction' posts...

Don't like the prices? Don't buy. Or contact the seller to make him an offer. Or contact him to suggest his prices are out of whack. I really don't see what complaining here on ARC is meant to achieve.

THIS!

For what it's worth, I don't see the problem with this topic being posted here.

Besides, Duane is a pretty good guy to deal with. Got my DML MiG-15 and Fujimi J1N1 Gekko kits at a pretty reasonable price, reasonable shipping costs and delivered in a timely manner from Canada to the US. Nuff said.