SR-75 Penetrator

For a fantasy plane, it's ok. It's not well detailed (the exhausts, wheel wells, and cockpit (which wasn't really visible anyway even with the canopies open) need help) and it is a huge kit. I built one many years ago and it turned out ok. I remember the fuselage seams really needed reinforcing. The fuselage was molded in 3 segments due to it's size and the middle one needed help staying attached to the front and rear segments. I wouldn't pay more than $25-30 for it, but the size of the box is going to make it expensive to ship.

Just my two cents...

Edited by muswp1

Wow! Beautiful work there, Chris! :thumbsup:

Btw, someone on another board is asking for $65 for this kit. I'd really like to have it but $65 is a bit too much for me. And that's not including shipping from Canada to Asia. Is the kit very rare? An Ebay search showed nothing :P

Any idea if Testors might re-issue the kit? I mean Accurate Miniatures just re-issued the old 1/72 Monogram F-4C/D with a spanking new decal sheet. Any news on the grapevine about the SR-75?

I really like the shape of the Penetrator. Looks a lot like something you might see in the Firefox movie or a Tom Clancy book. Would have been great if they had a scene with both the Firefox & the Penetrator :wub:

Update:

SCORE!!!

Seconds after I posted above, I just searched Ebay on a whim and saw one. And, it had a "Buy it now option". No need to worry about E-bay snipers. I jumped on it!

UNBELIEVABLE!!

The box looks worthless & shredded but the parts are all still in the bag. Only $21.99. What's more, shipping is very reasonable for a kit that large. WOO HOO!! Man, I love the internet! :thumbsup: :wub: :P

Doesn't look as if it has the piggybacked XR-7 but as Chris wrote on his build report, "you can’t have everything!". Heh!

Just this second bought one on ebay and i can collect it so no postage :cheers: with the XR-7 as well

Another big'n for the stash, or maybe i will start it when i get it ;)

Built one when they fris came out years ago but it looked crap, (no skills then to speak of)

Hopefully can do it some justice this time round :D

Edited by sweaty
I never would have imagined this:

http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41829

:woot.gif: :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

He says he used it for snowboarding, but the fins were slowing him down too much during descent.

Although, as an electric guitar, he said the size was perfect.

:rofl:

Edited by Stratospheremodels