Converting Academy "Bombcat" to F-14B

Nope, this is OOB with the exception of the scratch built RIO panel and the R/M parts.

nearing completion.....

F14B_1.jpg

I just need to install the RIO seat and a tad bit of touch up paint here and there and then future it and decal it

B_GE_1.jpg

These GE engine nozzles came from a R/M F-14A boxing, Revell includes the parts from their D boxing so I liberated them.

Paul-

Nice progress!

That nav light on the back of the right tail is supposed to be red, not green.

The tomcat as 3 green lights total. 2 on the right side glove vane leading edge, and one on the right wing tip.

uh....yeah, that was a test.........

Congrats! You passed!

I think the book calls out for green on that...have to check and see if it is wrong or if I am just dumb (I think we all know the answer to that one already)

uh....yeah, that was a test.........

Congrats! You passed!

I think the book calls out for green on that...have to check and see if it is wrong or if I am just dumb (I think we all know the answer to that one already)

'tis red..

VF-31019.jpg

The decaling process so far.....

F14B_2.jpg

I planned this as the Santa Cat but completely fouled up the candy canes, so I went with the 2000 cruise version....that way I can load some iron on the belly. I am thinking a couple GBU-12s on the front pallet and then a LANTIRN and AIM-54 on the shoulders with AIM-9s on the BOL rails

Thanks man!

Here it is.....all dressed up for the ball.

F14B_3.jpg

F14B_4.jpg

F14B_5.jpg

I had an extra set of PE from a Hasegawa Tomcat (I think Will Self sent me that one) and added the mirrors and hooks to the canopy. I just need to stencil the things that go boom and hang em. I am going to write up something official on the conversion.

Now onto the D!