1/32 F-16C main landing gear parts?

Hi guys,

For my last project I've decided to built a 1/32nd F-16C Block 30 finished as an Artic Bandit. I've had the Academy F-16 kit in my pile and decided to use it for this project.

After some research I've found the things I have to change to do this conversion from a Block 50 to Block 30. And the most troublesome thing I have to do is to replace the main landing gear, as the Block 30 A/C still use the old lighter MLG.

I've been googling the net for a while now but just can't find a replacement set for this. :whistle:

But now I've been thinking. The Tamiya F-16C Thunderbird kit is a Block 32 so it has the same landing gear configuration as my block 30. And as the kit is provided with a stand to display it flying so I can imagine that a lot of people built it gear up on that display.

Now is my question. Isn't there somebody out there who has built the Thunderbird kit wheels up, so not using the landing gear parts? And if so would you not consider to sell me these parts so I could use them?

So what I would need is :

The main landing gear legs

The wheels + brakes

Landing gear and door actuators

If provided the MLG landing lights

I don't know if the landing gear bay area has to be built into the kit as a support structure but if not I would also be very interested in it.

If there is somebody out their that could help me with this issue it would be very nice.

Thanks for reading and if you can help me please contact me on : rickdesmet@hotmail.com

Greetings

Rick

Hi guys,

For my last project I've decided to built a 1/32nd F-16C Block 30 finished as an Artic Bandit. I've had the Academy F-16 kit in my pile and decided to use it for this project.

After some research I've found the things I have to change to do this conversion from a Block 50 to Block 30. And the most troublesome thing I have to do is to replace the main landing gear, as the Block 30 A/C still use the old lighter MLG.

I've been googling the net for a while now but just can't find a replacement set for this. :thumbsup:

But now I've been thinking. The Tamiya F-16C Thunderbird kit is a Block 32 so it has the same landing gear configuration as my block 30. And as the kit is provided with a stand to display it flying so I can imagine that a lot of people built it gear up on that display.

Now is my question. Isn't there somebody out there who has built the Thunderbird kit wheels up, so not using the landing gear parts? And if so would you not consider to sell me these parts so I could use them?

So what I would need is :

The main landing gear legs

The wheels + brakes

Landing gear and door actuators

If provided the MLG landing lights

I don't know if the landing gear bay area has to be built into the kit as a support structure but if not I would also be very interested in it.

If there is somebody out their that could help me with this issue it would be very nice.

Thanks for reading and if you can help me please contact me on : rickdesmet@hotmail.com

Greetings

Rick

Just an FYI, the doors on the Academy and Tamiya kits are of a slightly different size and shape. It might not be that big of a deal if you are showing them open, but thought you should know.