That's my inspiration for this project. I posted that image in the planned whiffs thread, but it's good to have it here too.

Group build mods: is it cool to keep posting profile pics here? Or should it be exclusively for build pics?

Chris

Those are some sweet profiles Deino! My photoshop (or Gimp in this case) skills are still somewhat wanting.

Chris

Hi Chris .... mine too !!!

These profiles are made by a very good friend of mine named J.P. Santiago or just "Sentinel Chicken" an almost famous artist for what-ifs in the "What-if" community. Look here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=gallery;cat=6

I'm working with him esp. on Chinese Secret Projects ( http://airlinebuzz.com/forums/blog.php?u=3...logcategoryid=2 ) since about 3 years ...

CHeers, Deino

Edited by Deino

Excellent stuff! The twin-seaters look great and the Reapers, Omars and NSAWCs are awesome! :worship:

Desertpilot, that looks really cool! :worship:

<...> Group build mods: is it cool to keep posting profile pics here? <...>

Fine with me! It's your thread. :worship: What you could do, though, is post your profiles and the line drawings in the big WHAT-IF THREAD in Jet Modelling. I have a feeling they'd reach a bigger audience there.

Desertpilot - looking good so far - is your build in 1/144? 1/72? Settled on VF-84 / VF-103?

Danse, my work is based on the roughly 1/144 Diousha Raptor. I bought a whole slew of them a while ago for an air-to-air shadow box I did for some friends down in Florida, I am using up some of the left overs.

I may attempt the two seater here next if this one turns out ok.

I think I might have found my colour scheme. I really like the look of the hi-viz Australian navy profile. I've also found that Novascale sells a decal set for RAN skyhawks in 1/100 scale, see here. I think they might fit a Raptor in 1/144th, at least the tail markings.

Chris

WOW guys awesome work! I'm in the market for an F-22 now it just makes you want to build one.

I have a suspision that a black vandy 1 style f-22n would look neat

Thanks man! I decided to try it out.

Vandy 1

F22Mvx-4.jpg

I also put together a Canadian profile

F22NCAF.jpg

Chris

Well my decals arrived today, suddenly making me excited, thinking that this project might actually get off the ground. Then I check HLJ and the release date for the trumpy F-22 has been pushed back to February! :thumbsup:

Oh well. More profiles then.

Here's an Israeli scheme

F22Misrael.jpg

And a digital camouflage USMC jet

F22Mvmfa-314.jpg

Chris