1/144 Minicraft C-130 " Blue Angels"

Hi Ray,

Due to work, not alot has been done to the Herk of late, bar the walkways being painted. i had some problems with the tape that i used. I still need to fix the nose as it didn't look right when painted. ( :thumbsup: i sanded to much filler out of the nose).

I also have a few touch ups to do.

Brendon

Hi All,

well time for an update so far.

DSCF1748.jpg

DSCF1750.jpg

well the radome has been painted and the Herk has been cleared ready for the application of the decals hopefully starting tomorrow.

Yeah i know i still have to paint the 2 lower windows, i will pick them up afterward.

:)

Brendon

Nice, paint looks good there Brendon. :thumbsup: I see some C-17 parts going together in the background as well :worship:

Lol.. thanks Ray, that wasn't intentional either,I was just dry fitting the wing and one of the engines together as it looked like the lower 1/2 of the wing was warped, but looking at reference pics, its me :salute: . I will be starting doing the engines first on the C-17 something different than following the instructions.

I started decaling the tail tonight and the fwd half of the fuselage was still a tad soft so i have some nice fingerprints in it ( i will never learn. Always do it to gloss finishes, now i know why I stay to camoflouge colours.)

DSCF1757.jpg

DSCF1752.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg

Sorry about the qty of the photos.

:worship:

Brendon

Edited by Aussie_superbug

Hi Brendon,

Your E's looking good. Two things though, and I'm not trying to be picky but the wings appear to be drooped not straight. Are they warped or is this just a photographic thing? And, the squadron badge on the tail appears to be too low and should be a little higher on the tail plane, but I could be wrong.

In relation to your painting, don't feel to bad I did the same thing with my E when I painted it last time. I hope not to make the same mistake this time too.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Brendon,

Your E's looking good. Two things though, and I'm not trying to be picky but the wings appear to be drooped not straight. Are they warped or is this just a photographic thing? And, the squadron badge on the tail appears to be too low and should be a little higher on the tail plane, but I could be wrong.

In relation to your painting, don't feel to bad I did the same thing with my E when I painted it last time. I hope not to make the same mistake this time too.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Yeah i realized that the Sqn badge is a little lower than it should of been, hind sight is a wonderful thing. I should have been concentrating more ( tried to get it done before i went out last night)

On the wing issue, it is straight. its looks like it droops as from the the outer engine the upper wing gets thicker and creates the allusion that the wing is drooping, it had me stumped for ages before i started building it.

Ray,

I took the photos around 12 am this morning and the lighting conditions weren't the best so again i apologize

:cheers:

Brendon