Looking like a good start. Good thing about the Minicraft offering (assuming it is like the DC8 & 777 I have) do not have the windows cut out. This way, nothing to fill!

Keep the progress shots coming

• 5 months later...

Well now that the group build is about to end I finally got back to my 72. I started with Tamiya white primer and then used Tamiya Pure white TS-26 straight from the can. I then started on the wings with Model master Light aircraft grey. Hopefully tomorrow I spray some purple.154.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm about 75% done. Ran into some painting issues and it ended up back in the box for a few months. Summer is a busy time for me at work. Not much time for building. Hopefully i'll get back to it this week. I'll post a few pics

Lenney,

This looked like a real nice project and hope that you will finish it for us to see...

I don't think I have seen one of these being built here, so this will be AWESOME..

Nice tribute for your friends too I would say....

MORE pics soon Lenny... :salute::cheers:

HOLMES :cheers:

• 3 months later...

Well after months of sitting on the shelf. I've pulled the mighty 727 out of the box. I got the major parts sprayed.

IMG_0691.jpg

Got a bit of overspray on the tail. No biggie. It was my first time working with my new H&S airbrush. I needed to paint the outboard engines anyway.

IMG_0692.jpg

Hope to get the gloss coat laid down and start the decals by the end of the week.

What tail number are you planning? May I suggest N217FE Sonja? It was the last 727 built. I have photos if needed.

Kent

Thanks for the offer Kent. I'm going with Jessica. It happens to be my bud's wife name. He's a 727 FO with "Fred"Ex!

• 2 weeks later...

Well after the busy flying season is finished. I finally got some decals on my 72.

727fed002.jpg

727fed001.jpg

Sorry for the dark shots.

I just need to get the landing gear on and a couple of coats of future and we'll call this one finished.

Thanks Guys. I've got it finished. I'll try to get some pictures posted today. Not a bad kit. Great learning experience. I'll be doing more airliners in the future.

Alex what paint job are you going to put on your's?

Lenny

Alex what paint job are you going to put on your's?

Lenny

I'm making mine Braniff... the all red Gerrard colour scheme white wings, N401BN. The decals are home made.

Alex

Edited by skidbuggy