New Decals for 2009

Gents:

Here’s a look at the instruction sheets for Wolfpak Decal’s next release. Need to do some clean-up on these sheets but here’s what’s on them. Should be on sale in about two weeks.

72-013 Mad Ducks

B-25B â€Ruptured Duck†or “Hari Carrier†from the 34th BS and the Doolittle Tokyo Raiders.

B-1B “Doolittle’s Destroyer†The current 34th BS commander’s aircraft commemorating that raid.

FB-111A “Ruptured Duck†of the 393rd BS, 509th BW

CH-47D “Daffy’s Delight†of F Company 159th Aviation Regiment.

B-52G “Let’s Make a Deal†of the 524th BS, 379th BW, Desert Storm.

B-24J “The JIGS UP†of the 36th BS (H) RCM. This was one of the first radar countermeasures (jammer) aircraft.

72-014 Mildenhal & Ohio

EC-135H “Silver Dollar†of the 10th ACCS, 513th ACCW, RAF Mildenhal. It’s the first silver dollar national emergency airborne command post.

B-2A “Spirit of Ohioâ€.

A-37B 757th SOS, 910th SOG, Youngstown MAP.

A-7K of the 166th TFS, 121st TFW Rickenbacker AFB, Columbus, Ohio.

F-100D of the 162nd TFS, 121st TFW, Springfield, Ohio

Mark

72-013ColorInstrreduced40.jpg

72-014ColorInstrreduced40-1.jpg

Edited by Mark S.

Sparkchaser:

Any new 1/48 scale stuff. Maybe some AFSOC would be nice I have a MH-53J to do and it needs decals please. How is your spectre line comomg?

You won't be disappointed. :whistle:

Anthony:

Yes it's for the Hobbyboss kit.

Murph and Gator52:

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by Mark S.

Hi Mark,

Like many, many others in this Forum, I salute you and your efforts in providing us such varied & interesting subjects to model...and for including such a wide variety of them on each sheet! There's one kit I have always wanted to see aftermarket markings for (in 72nd scale), but assumed I never would. However, given your penchant to cover such off-the-wall subjects, perhaps you can change that.

The aircraft to which I'm referring is the North American/Rockwell YOV-10D Night Observation Gunship System (NOGS). It's my favorite variant of the OV-10 Bronco, sporting that multi-tone gray camo pattern that it wore in Vietnam, that unique logo on the vertical tails, and of course, that heavy-hitting belly turret. I have a nice profile shot of one, in color, which could aid you in designing the scheme. You can also find some photos of the plane on the Internet, but it may be difficult to make out details of the tail logo from most of those. Airfix did a 72nd kit of it many years ago, but the markings are sketchy at best.

Anyway, if you think it's something you'd like to tackle, send me a message with your E-Mail address, and I'll pass on a copy of the color photo I have. Otherwise, just keep on churning out all those wild & wonderful schemes!

Anyone else out there interested in the NOGS? If so, SOUND OFF!!

Thanks!

Gents:

I couldn't get approval to use the trademark image on the A-7K so it has been deleted and the marking on the decal sheet will be marked through with a magicmarker.

Sorry, sometimes this happens and I'll be more careful in the future to obtain permission before making an announcement.

Regards,

Mark

Edited by Mark S.

Hi Guys

If anyone out there will be getting 72-014 solely for the Ohio birds, I'll happily take the section for the Mildenhall EC-135H off their hands (for a fair price, of course!)....

....Similarly, I'm also after the Mildenhall KC-135R part of sheet 72-005....

Please PM!

Andy

I couldn't get approval to use the trademark image on the A-7K

What "trademark image"? Are you able to share who the shortsighted (or greedy) individual/organization is? I'd like to express my opinion to those responsible for such an egregious decision.

Just another sign of the times.....

Gene K

PLEASE tell me you're doing these in 1/48! I neeeeeeeed those FB-111 markings!

EDIT: Wait... is the only difference between a DarkVark and the early SAC scheme the national insignia and the tail numbers?

Edited by RedHeadKevin
  • 1 month later...
Hi Guys

If anyone out there will be getting 72-014 solely for the Ohio birds, I'll happily take the section for the Mildenhall EC-135H off their hands (for a fair price, of course!)....

....Similarly, I'm also after the Mildenhall KC-135R part of sheet 72-005....

Please PM!

Andy

Just a 'Thank You' to airjiml2, who sent me the EC-135H decals from his sheet, and very generously wouldn't take any money for them!