Saw SB's has some decals that are camo markings for uniforms, equipment,etc;. One set was desert, one woodland. I found a company that had a full line, including modern digital patterns. Anyone used these? I'm thinking I might try them for the baggage on my Abrams. Any tips, including where you might have picked 'em up would be great. Thanks, VG

It depends on when you are depicting. In OIF 1, '03 - the invasion, we were still using mostly ALICE gear and rucksacks, which are pretty much all varying shades of medium to OD green. As the war progresed, MOLLE packs in woodland and desert MARPAT (Marine digital pattern) were issued. The USMC started using MOLLE before the Army, so there were some MARPAT MOLLE bags in '03 too. By now, you see pretty much only MOLLE packs. Green duffle bags are still used today though. Most of the larger net bags and tent bags are still green too. You will not usually see sand or desert camo rucksacks, duffle bags, tent bags, etc. Sand/desert camo is not a common color for those items.

Edited by HeavyArty

not trying to interrupt - but where are these available from? Much TIA! (the wallet practically tingles with anticipation of buying and trying some of these... Got a couple Strykers and a Bradley that need crews....

Thanks again HA. I'll go with OD green and maybe some digital desert, I suppose. I'm doing the 'Hard Lic Her' tank, with the mine plow. Honestly, I'm not sure of the time frame without the info in front of me. Clumber, the company that makes the markings is called Shinsengumi. They have thier own website, just google them, haven't seen them in many other spots. Sprue Bro's. has a couple sheets from another company but not nearly as many varieties. VG