Next Tier 1 Prop GB

70 members have voted

1. 1. What Tier 1 GB would you like to see next?

• Blitzkrieg GB
    • Birth of Carrier War GB
    • CBI GB
    • Eastern Front 2 GB
    • 2009 D-Day GB
    • Skip this GB time slot but continue with the 2 tier system in general
    • Get rid of the 2 tier system entirely and do props GBs on a free form take as they come basis

As promised, here is the poll for the next tier 1 GB to run from April through September this year, between Reich Raiders and DOTR 2. Vote for your favorite and I will submit the winner to the ARC mods. Thanks!

Man, they all look good! Can't lose with any of them! What does Blitzkrieg envision? Same with early carrier war? I might be able to place a vote then. Another idea to try on for size, Air war in the Med.

Tommy :thumbsup:

I'll post it here and then once it is approved by the Mods I will start a new thread so we can talk just about that GB. I was thinking Blitzkrieg would go from the start of the war till the Battle of Britain. I know that they used the tactic against Russia in Barbarossa, but that was covered in the Eastern Front GB and we can always do an Eastern Front 2 later on.

I'll post it here and then once it is approved by the Mods I will start a new thread so we can talk just about that GB. I was thinking Blitzkrieg would go from the start of the war till the Battle of Britain. I know that they used the tactic against Russia in Barbarossa, but that was covered in the Eastern Front GB and we can always do an Eastern Front 2 later on.

Thanks for the info! :)

Birth of Carrier War would encompass any carrier based aircraft from WWII. If it took off from or landed on a carrier, it is good to go.

That would work for me too. Almost half my stash is US Navy aircraft....

But I still like the Blitzkrieg idea better.

:)

Mike

bump this back to the front page here. Get your vote in if you have an opinion because when voting slows down I will take the results and submit the winner to the mods to get it on the schedule.

bump this back to the front page here. Get your vote in if you have an opinion because when voting slows down I will take the results and submit the winner to the mods to get it on the schedule.

Humour me, Jay - regardless of this one you plan to run DOTR-2 October onwards?

Patrick

Patrick,

I've submitted a request to the management for DOTR 2, still waiting for an answer.

Cool, thanks sir. Ordinarily I'd be annoying the assembled multitudes with enthusiasm for this, but thanks to circumstance I've got a fair few things on my bench right now:

170109001.jpg

Got to get them done - not that I'm unhappy about this :salute: This weekend I read less and model more. (Also, as can be seen from the photo, regrettably I have other time-absorbing chores.)

All above suggestions sound great, but alas I'll probably save you the fun of another dodgy build this Summer ;)

Patrick

Cool, thanks sir. Ordinarily I'd be annoying the assembled multitudes with enthusiasm for this, but thanks to circumstance I've got a fair few things on my bench right now:

170109001.jpg

Got to get them done - not that I'm unhappy about this :lol: This weekend I read less and model more. (Also, as can be seen from the photo, regrettably I have other time-absorbing chores.)

All above suggestions sound great, but alas I'll probably save you the fun of another dodgy build this Summer :)

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

WOW and I thought my bench was buzzy!!!!

Cheers Rick.

Edited by vvwse4
Birth of Carrier War would encompass any carrier based aircraft from WWII. If it took off from or landed on a carrier, it is good to go.

I voted for Carrier War, but suggest we expand scope.

-- WW2 starts in '39 ...

-- if a pre-war built carrier participated in WW2, then any aircraft which served on her pre-war would be eligible ...

Then since we say "any aircraft which took off/landed...", do we include the B-25 (Doolittle), P-40 (Torch), and other non-naval aircraft that might have been ferried & launched from a carrier ?

John

Yugoslavia, Greece and Crete were included in the Med/NA GB

I did not rememberthat.

For a possible carrier GB in WWII I am looking for information about the French vessel "Béarn" as I do not remember if her aircraft flew in September 1939 before she was put aside as an aircraft carrier.

Patrick

Pre-War planes were just covered in the Inter-War GB, so we don't want to cover the same ground again, so cutoff date of September 1, 1939 will do that. Yes, you are correct that non-naval planes that took off from carriers are covered such as the Doolittle B-25s, the Torch P-40s and Spitfires and Hurricanes ferried to Malta, etc.