I ordered 2 items from Echelon Fine Details that were listed as being 'In Stock' on their website on 12/28/2008. I seached around at other vendors I've had great luck with before like Squadron and SprueBrothers, with no luck.

As of today, the items are still listed as 'Not Yet Shipped'. My order shows as 'CC authorized', but not charged (yet). I sent in an email inquiring as such, and all I got was an automated reply, basically telling me that they'll get back to me.

There are no phone #s that I can see listed on their website (www.modelpoint.us) but after poking around online (and I admit that my NOT doing this before was my own faux pas) on some armor sites, it seems that MP doesn't respond to emails, hasn't updated their site in a while, and I can't find anyplace that says I can cancel my order. I've ran across more than a few posts on such sites like Missing-Lynx expressing low opinions of their service

I'm not yet ready to call this a bad trade/vendor - yet - but this utter lack of response to my inquiries is pretty poor communication, and perhaps (I hope I'm wrong) a reflection of what kind of customer service they provide.

if I am wrong, then I will retract this post. I can blame no one but myself for not investigating this before seking to place an order, but if this is typical procedure for them, then I will not order from them ever again.

Just passing this information and my opinion along to other modelers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, no response from Modelpoint US to any of my inquiries - including an email to each of the 2 addresses on their site requesting that they cancel my order and remove all my info from their servers.

My order was placed on 12/28.

The items I wanted are still listed as 'In Stock' as of today.

My order has not shipped (but at least my CC was not charged) as of today.

I will not be doing any business with this organization ever again, nor will I recommend them to anyone due to this utter lack of communication/feedback and nonexistent service.

Now, back to building a model! :thumbsup: