hay :woo: thank you guys for your kind words.

Tomcat RIO !! you asked me about the canopy and the way i made it.

well the canopy you see in the first page is not 100% kosher .simply there is a bit of distortion in the front that i'm not so satisfied of, so i'm gonna make another one soon. but for now i'll explain with some pics :wierdo:

at first i started working on the canopy frame . the idea of creating the frame itself is by combining the single seat version frame with the fuselage piece i had to cut out to make room for the rear cockpit:

12we1.jpg

dscf0173er3.jpg

03la2.jpg

04es3.jpg

05ce2.jpg

after the frame was done, started making the canopy. as i said i did it by "vacuum forming". i made my canopy master from the same balza wood i used for the spine ( 25X25 mm)

06wh0.jpg

cutting out the canopy shape by marking two dimension on the wood : "side view" acording to the profile canopy pic you see next. and "upper view" -determined by the canopy frame.

07tu8.jpg

of course then i had to give it a "bubble" form.

08ag8.jpg

my vacum platform, connected to a vacuum cleaner.

resizedimg1808ls7.jpg

placed the canopy master on the plaform with a spacer in between so that the vacuum will force the Vivak to stick better to the master sides

09rg2sg5.jpg

and this is what i got : note that there is some gap between the frame and the cockpit. that is because of the cockpit seal (marked red) it can be fixed but since the idea is to leave the canopy open , i don't mind.

11at0.jpg

12nd9.jpg

13kl7.jpg

wow thanks for the clear and concise pics! i'm pretty much doing the same way as you did. except that my first test attempt at vaccum forming crumpled my cardboard box..

and your beautifully done landing gear bay makes me want to pack up my WIP kit and put it back into the box, and go fishing. haha.. great detailling i hope i can reach as near as possible in terms of accuracy and detail in the area.

You should think about taking what you have done and selling it as a resin update set I am sure there would be alot of buyers including me that would like to have a 32nd Sufa. Great Job Erick

thanks alot guys

i have to tell you i got similar comments at the israeli models forum :P. seriously, the thought of doing that didn't even cross my mind i simply wanted a f-16i Sufa to my little f-16s 1/32 collection.

thanks again

and your beautifully done landing gear bay makes me want to pack up my WIP kit and put it back into the box, and go fishing.

thanks. i don't know if it's good or a bad thing...:thumbsup:

sure it takes some time to color all the details of the gear bay but it's only a matter of patience and the right color.

Edited by shimon101
Hi Shimon,

Very impressive work!!! A perfect scratchbuilding!!!

An other build if you like 1/32 and IAF :tease:

http://fighters.forumactif.com/vos-montage...-t14713-150.htm

Cheers.

Stéphane

hey steph :tease: i don't know what to say .amazing job

can you pass it on to Moshe ???

i'll keep my eye on that one and maybe i'll lern a thing or two from this guy.

• 1 month later...

hi guys

a little progress on the Sufa. hoping to finish it soon :jaw-dropping: so far i've been working on this model for over a year.

can anyone tell me what this part in the front of the nose is called and what is it for? after three years of being an f-16 mechanic i have no idea...well... i never asked :)

i guess it got something to do with the radar right?

resizedimg3570cx6.jpg

resizedimg3569la5.jpg

painted:

resizedimg3575wm5.jpg

resizedimg3582st1.jpg

resizedimg3585wu5.jpg

Delilah and the Python ..just started working on them.

resizedimg3605aw8.jpg

I used some Future to cote the model

sorry for the mess ,i don't have a cleaning lady. usualy i clean the desk i'm working on evry time i take pics for a new update but since i just wanna finish it as soon as possible , i decide to leave the desk as it is.

resizedimg3608.jpg

resizedimg3609.jpg

and then started laying decals on it. as you can see the plane is from the Negev squadron, tail no' 430.

resizedimg3613.jpg

resizedimg3615.jpg

resizedimg3616h.jpg

resizedimg3617y.jpg

don't mind the intake cover it doesn't belong nor fits this model. i took it out from another f-16 1/32 Nets by hasegawa.

resizedimg3620.jpg

resizedimg3629.jpg

i'm gonna put the plane on it's back now and add some more decals to it's lower part.

Edited by shimon101