My local club had a "Towed Ordnance" group build. Unfortunately, I misheard this, and did this as my subject.

Image004-2.jpg

While being a real wart of a model to build, apparently the "real" thing was held together with "ribbets" I hope nobody will now accuse me of being a ribbet counter..

Image003-1.jpg

Alvis 3.1

Edited by Alvis 3.1

said it before, will keep sayin' it :

Alvis, you are a hero of mine.

Now dammit, cut it out for awhile or I'll be forced to start that special project I was talking to you about some many many (many) moons ago... the raptors. I still don't think I have the skill level to pull it off, but yer makin' me twitchy.

'ribbet counter'... bahahahahhahahahhahaahahahahhaahah ROLFLCTDTCOM!!!! (rolling on the floor laughing causing the dogs to careen off me!)

Wow, that's a record reply time to one of my oddities.

Apparently, a couple of the serious armour guys were unamused at my toad artillery model. They think it diminished all their hard work, since I bought the gun part of the model that very morning. Well, tough nuts to them, I did it to NOT win any trophies! :deadhorse1::thumbsup:

Alvis 3.1

*BTW: Some of the stuff there was really really good, and they took months of building time to get them done too. I didn't MEAN to annoy anyone...this time! :)

Apparently, a couple of the serious armour guys were unamused at my toad artillery model. They think it diminished all their hard work, since I bought the gun part of the model that very morning. Well, tough nuts to them, I did it to NOT win any trophies! :) :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.1

*BTW: Some of the stuff there was really really good, and they took months of building time to get them done too. I didn't MEAN to annoy anyone...this time! :)

Well I'd like to question the accuracy of this model. Tan camo is for desert climates......and we all know Toads don't lived in deserts. huh...huh? :deadhorse1:

Au contraire, brown is the normal colouration of Bufonidae, and while it would be effective camouflage in a desert, as can be seen in this diorama, it is not effective on golf courses. From this, we can determine this unit of Toad Artillery must have belonged to a Canadian Land Command unit sometime in the 1990s or early 2000s, a time frame known for the lack of appropriate camouflage issued to CF personnel. It may have been destined for desert climes, but was instead sent to a decidely decidious environment, most likely in central Europe. The US Army radioman reflects a cross training exercise or operation involving US units.

of course, if we are talking about "Great Horney Toads", that's something you should bring up with this lil guy:

brand.gif

Alvis 3.1

As "Toad ORDINANCE", shouldn't it be a piece of paper outlining the rules and regulations of towing around a wheeled amphibian???

Darn! Wrong again, I am! :crying2:

I really should look into knitting. :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.1

Apparently, a couple of the serious armour guys were unamused at my toad artillery model. They think it{snip....}

Ok, I call shenanigans. Is this a bran new club you just joined that morning then? because otherwise, the other members cannot possibly claim to have expected anything less. And seeing the Toad as an insult to their hard work? Well you club seems to have a few more than the average share of Namby-Pambies. (be sure to say that word with a proper Shatner inflection!)

I point and laugh at those offended! HA HA! (from the safety of my den, here in our house... miles and miles from them being able to hear....)

Pfffft... some people come pre-offended. Not a thing we can change about that. Recreational screwing with ppl's schemas is my own life's hobby.

~ tracy, utilizing psychology for personal amusement

No, they are pretty well used to my style, in fact, they foolishly re-elected me for a second straight term as glorious leader (comes with palatial Dacha on Black Sea!) However, they were annoyed my silly model stole their thunder for a few minutes. They got over it later at the monthly post meeting Donuts And Coffee meeting.

In all honesty, it's not fair something I barely worked on would attract more attention than a good model. However, I cannot claim to not try being funny...it's genetic apparently. I'll make sure I don't overshadow people with my silly stunts, I'll still do them, I just won't plop them right smack dab into the middle of serious things.

I'll have the whole table in the corner to myself with lights, blaring music and scantily clad showgirls unveiling my next model!

Buh-wah-hahahahahahahahaha!

Alvis 3.1

Ok, I call shenanigans. Is this a bran new club you just joined that morning then? because otherwise, the other members cannot possibly claim to have expected anything less. And seeing the Toad as an insult to their hard work? Well you club seems to have a few more than the average share of Namby-Pambies. (be sure to say that word with a proper Shatner inflection!)

I point and laugh at those offended! HA HA! (from the safety of my den, here in our house... miles and miles from them being able to hear....)

Pfffft... some people come pre-offended. Not a thing we can change about that. Recreational screwing with ppl's schemas is my own life's hobby.

~ tracy, utilizing psychology for personal amusement

• 3 weeks later...
An "Ordinance" is a set rule or regulation. Ordnance are weaponery.

I "could" make an excuse that I heard it as opposed to saw it spelled out (hence the "toad" part) but in reality, I forgot there were two words that sounded the same. My bad. Remedial English 101 for me.

Mutter mutter grumble grumble...

Oh, btw, isn't it spelled "weaponry"? :monkeydance:

Alvis 3.1

I "could" make an excuse that I heard it as opposed to saw it spelled out (hence the "toad" part) but in reality, I forgot there were two words that sounded the same. My bad. Remedial English 101 for me.

Mutter mutter grumble grumble...

Oh, btw, isn't it spelled "weaponry"? :worship:

Alvis 3.1

I'm not an english major,just an old Aviation Ordnanceman.