Virulence-class Star Destroyer scratchbuild

To my eye, there is a somewhat odd juxtaposition of curvatures and chunky. The original hull layout had almost Babylon 5-ish organic curves, but now harsh edged, chunky greeblies...I'm just not quite seeing how it all pulls together.

The logic I've got for that is, the Empire had very harsh, straight, industrial ships, where the Rebellion had the more organic-looking Mon Cal ships. I'm trying to build a ship that says "Empire" but a different Empire than Palpatine's Empire

well considering it's a what-if, i think it matches the original PERFECTLY! great job and keep em coming. i can't wait to see it all together.

Bill

Thanks!

I do like how it is progressing.....very creative work on your part.

Thanks! I should have it done before too long. The major construction I have left is just the trenches, stern with the engines, and finishing all the scribing. Out of all of it, the scribing should take the least time, and when that stuff is done, I'm on to the paint stage. :wave:

Wonderful!! so there´ll be new pics soon as well? :rofl:

*drool*

Oh definitely. As soon as my camera battery is charged, I'll have new pics up. I'd have taken them yesterday, but cutting and gluing 100+ bits of 1-3mm styrene sheet took it out of me. :banana:

Update time! I've been really working on the bridge structure, so I can have one finished sub-assembly. The bridge is pretty much finished right now, except for paint.

SANY0778.jpg

SANY0779.jpg

SANY0780.jpg

SANY0781.jpg

I also worked on the port side trench along the upper/lower hull joint, and I added a couple minor details around the bow superlaser.

SANY0783.jpg

SANY0784.jpg

SANY0777.jpg

Coming up next time: hull scribing. It's about time I really get on it and get it all finished up, so I can finish adding the parts to the hull before the prime/paint stage.

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Fixed the pics.

Edited by illithid00
Oooooo, so many teeny tiny pieces!!! That bridge almost looks edible :wub:

Marvelous progress I see painting time getting closer!!!

Cheers!

Thanks! Painting time is getting ever closer. Gotta make sure my airbrush is still in working order, though. I think I've got a leak where the air hose hooks to the brush.

That is looking great!

very creative

Thanks!

I've got a new project in mind, set to start as soon as I finish the Virulence: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scythe-clas..._battle_cruiser

The Scythe-class main battle cruiser is from the Star Wars: Legacy comics put out by Dark Horse. I'm pretty excited about this one, and I'm already drawing up plans for building it. What do you guys think?

No update yet. I've been pondering some issues about my Scythe-class battle cruiser, but I should have an update soon. I got some super glue, and I'll be detailing the engine area in the next few days. Thanks for looking!

Wonderful!!! i cant believe my eyes! :whistle::rolleyes:

Thanks! I really appreciate it!

• 4 months later...
Anything going on with this?? kinda missing the updates.

No updates yet. I actually haven't been working on any models for a couple months. I've got a bunch of projects started and half-finished, and I just got a bit burned out. I'm heading to Air Force basic training in November, so it will probably be a while before I get any modeling done.

Thanks for asking though! :cheers: