It's kinda hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you have OD bodies with light ghost gray guidance sections. If this is the case, you're golden. It could be just about anything you want it to be. The only thing I have not seen is the bombs themselves being gray. You could have all OD, OD bomb with the nose gray and the rear OD, both front and rear gray, etc. It's all up to you, and it's all correct.

HTH

Aaron

Can't see the pic right now (at work) but there are grey bomb bodies, the USN/USMC use grey as well as green bomb bodies. The grey bomb bodies are the newer Mk 80 and BLU-1xx series bodies while the green one are older Mk 80 series bomb bodies.

The newer guidance sections (MAU-169's) are grey, however, the first section torwards the bomb body must be the same color as the fins. The reason for this is that the first section is actually part of the fins kit and comes with the fins and not the guidance sections so it will be the same color as the fins.

Will look at the pic tonight when I get home.

Reddog :wave:

Can't see the pic right now (at work) but there are grey bomb bodies, the USN/USMC use grey as well as green bomb bodies. The grey bomb bodies are the newer Mk 80 and BLU-1xx series bodies while the green one are older Mk 80 series bomb bodies.

The newer guidance sections (MAU-169's) are grey, however, the first section torwards the bomb body must be the same color as the fins. The reason for this is that the first section is actually part of the fins kit and comes with the fins and not the guidance sections so it will be the same color as the fins.

Will look at the pic tonight when I get home.

Reddog :thumbsup:

He's doing a USAF F-16, so the bomb would be green.

Aaron

He's doing a USAF F-16, so the bomb would be green.

Aaron

Thanks for the advice, you were correct about the colours... it's just i couldnt be bothered to set up all the camera stuff to take the pictures (it was late, and i had work the following morning).

Thanks,

Mat

There would also be color coded paint tags on the CCG, front fins ad tail package. The most common ones i have seen on 12s is orange. Like posted above this is to show they came from the same package and are suitable. Other colors can be used for the tag. Its normally a rectangle painted on the parts not very big.

Overall OD or OD bomb with grey fin and CCG are the accepted norm right now. Or a variation within.

I will be working up a GBU-12 in my wiring thread tonight keep an eye out.

Edited by HWR MKII