Hasegawa 1/48 Harrier wings, how best to do them??

I don't know if this is the best place to post this. Anyway i am doing a Hase 1/48 Harrier, now i have heard nightmares about the wings, does anyone know the best way around them? Or know where there is a place with a build explaning how to do the wings?

No this IS the right place to post your question.

Yes there is a tutorial somewhere on the net, possibly here on ARC,(do the search) it will be quite old ( 3 plus years)

This is mine I did a while back, it hasn't progressed past these pictures unfortunately.

Join the LEX to the upper wing then the turtle deck panel to get the best fit, then join the upper wing to the fuselage, do not attach the lower wings to the upper before joining the upper to the fuselage as you will not be able to fit the wing assembly due to a mechanical lock.

Once the upper wing is attached then add the lower wing I don't recall it the leading edge of the underside of the LEX is separate (I think it is) but there will be a sizable gap between it and the lower wing, fill the gap with plastic an putty over, that's about it, I used minimal putty and every thing fit together quite easily.

I also addressed the upper wing kink (some say it's too prominent) by laying 2 parallel pieces of tape about 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart straddling the hard line, puttied it and sanded it down, it was just enough to soften up the hard line.

Over all it just takes a little patience and dry fitting, it was no big deal at all.

Curt

100_7969.jpg

100_7975.jpg

100_7970.jpg

100_7973.jpg

100_7967.jpg