Request from my 5yr old!

My son wants a model to build, I asked him what he would like and he said "The come outside plane"

Now, for those that don't know, "Come Outside" is a kids TV programme which features a spotty slingsby T67C Firefly.

I am afraid this might be a fruitless search, but is a kit available?

Any sort of T67 would do I think, its going to be painted white with multi-coloured spots all over it and a dog in the cockpit....

There's a resin kit by Dujin in 1/72nd - it's not bad, although I did end up scratchbuilding the rear control surfaces as the kit's weren't well formed, and you need an alternative undercarriage... Mine has been more or less finished for about 6 months as I can't find suitable undercarriage!

Rats.

I was hoping there was a nice simple kit out there he could have a go at.

I think I will go with something super simple like an AF Spitfie Mk1, all the bits fit nice enough and he knows what a Spitfire is :D

Sorry, I'm no help with this project but when you mentioned a child's TV show I envisioned the Transavia PL-12 Airtruk. You may remember, it was used in the "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" film. I think it would be the kind of plane they would use in the child's program. It would make an interesting model.

Airtruk.jpg