A couple questions since I'll be the new guy for once...

Just a couple questions for the old hand ARCers that have been to Nats before:

1: I'm not in the IPMS, so will I miss getting to see who wins?

2: Is this like a Convention when I'm trooping with the 501st where after the show closes we all go out for some adult beverages?

3: Should I be shooting for the main hotel or are the ones nearby decent?

4: I'm gonna be broke after leaving the dealers room aren't I? :bandhead2:

Only modeling show I've ever made it to was 2 years go I made it to the Regionals at Pittsburgh and that was just running down in the morning for a few hours.

Just a couple questions for the old hand ARCers that have been to Nats before:

1: I'm not in the IPMS, so will I miss getting to see who wins? NO

2: Is this like a Convention when I'm trooping with the 501st where after the show closes we all go out for some adult beverages? I'M SURE THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OPPORTUNITIES TO GO OUT EVERY NIGHT AFTER THE CONVENTION. LOTS OF BARS/CLUBS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE HOTEL.

3: Should I be shooting for the main hotel or are the ones nearby decent? I'D STAY AT THE MAIN HOTEL BUT YOU CAN GOOGLE FOR OTHERS IN THE AREA.

4: I'm gonna be broke after leaving the dealers room aren't I? :thumbsup: YES, START SAVING NOW OR GET A PT JOB JUST TO GET SOME EXTRA CASH.

Only modeling show I've ever made it to was 2 years go I made it to the Regionals at Pittsburgh and that was just running down in the morning for a few hours.

If you want to see the winners (before they're published online) you'll need to attend the awards ceremony following the banquet (I don't think you need to be an IPMS member to get in, but you might want to double-check.) Some past Nationals have required you to buy a banquet ticket, the trend in recent years has been to open the room up after dinner for the awards ceremony with some limited seating. I'm not sure what the plan is for Columbus.

SN

If you want to see the winners (before they're published online) you'll need to attend the awards ceremony following the banquet (I don't think you need to be an IPMS member to get in, but you might want to double-check.) Some past Nationals have required you to buy a banquet ticket, the trend in recent years has been to open the room up after dinner for the awards ceremony with some limited seating. I'm not sure what the plan is for Columbus.

SN

You are not required to buy a ticket for the dinner and you will be able to watch the awards ceremony after dinner, as long as they don't change anything and not tell me.