So is Hamilton or Toronto. Actually, from Battle Creek it's closer.

Hey, I'd love it! Of course, there might be something in the IPMS USA bylaws about holding the National Convention in another country... :monkeydance:

SN

Disney World! Just kidding. You DO NOT want to be in them crowds! Of course, it would be an awesome drive for me!

-Jim

Oh why not Jim, that was a good show last time they had NATs here. WIsh they would be here or Jax

Hey, I'd love it! Of course, there might be something in the IPMS USA bylaws about holding the National Convention in another country... :cheers:

SN

Hey if NASCAR can do it!!!! :D

Of course they did cancel the Mexico City race this year........sorry Canada, nevermind!

• 3 weeks later...

Ah crap, no one! bid for it in 2011? Dang. I know my club considered putting in a bid for hte 08 show, but they wanted so much info so far out, and for a club as small as ours is, it just wasnt feasible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This has probably been mentioned, but since I haven't found it I'll make mention of it since with the show going on this weekend.

Omaha is bidding for the 2011 Nationals. To date as far as I know we are the only city bidding for it and it is highly unlikely another city will get it since the deadline for bid submissions was about a month ago and the pitch to the IPMS at this year's Nationals is mainly a formality anyway (and there would be drama if there were two bids to choose from, but there doesn't seem to be).

I'll post more when I get the go-ahead to do so.

If the East/West/Central rotation is still in place (and it appears to be since 2010 is Phoenix) then 2011 has to be a "Central" location. East and West coast cities are out till their respective rotation comes around again.

I am 1st in line for registration if it is Omaha. I'm a veteran from '94, and had a great time. I will start building NOW. I have ideas. I have kits. I... am in over my head and I don't care. When the game is in your backyard, you play.

Rick 'I live in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska and will be at the 2011 Nationals' L.

If the East/West/Central rotation is still in place (and it appears to be since 2010 is Phoenix) then 2011 has to be a "Central" location. East and West coast cities are out till their respective rotation comes around again.

Actually, It goes West, East then Central with Ohio being Central this year and Phoenix being west coast next year. Big thing is no East location bid at this time. So after a couple months, the bids were opened up to the rest of the country. The original Central slot was 2012 and indeed we were considering a bid for 2012 when we were made aware that no club was bidding for 2011. I don't know if central will be 2012 still or if the rotation moves up a notch to west coast.

As for previous locations, I don't have a master list, but I don't recall any chapter hosting in the extreme North Western part of the US. Usually it tends to be held further south with Atlanta, Virginia Beach and Orlando doing them in recent memory. I don't recall it ever being held in Boston (or New York for that matter).

Big thing is location isn't the issue, but rather finding a club or a group of clubs in a region willing to tackle the job as it is a BIG job. Expenses have to be juggled with volunteer manpower and of course one needs a good set of leadership at the top to keep it all on track, or one risks things turning into a disaster. Then it also takes the right mix of coming up with a convention venue for the right price at the right time. Some of the big cities tend to have possible meeting sites that are too expensive for what an IPMS show can draw in, as such that tends to limit which locations can bid.

I will say though that some of the best shows haven't necessarily been in the biggest locations. The smaller places have added their own sense of charm to the show. In Omaha's case (if we get it), we plan to offer some of our charm to show there is more to this state then Nebraska Cornhusker football as we aren't far from Offutt AFB and there is also a world class aerospace museum just up the road near Ashland (where you can see a B-36, a B-52B, a Vulcan bomber and a B-1A and an FB-111 all on display with many other planes).

Thanks for the clarification of the rotations and bids. I knew it went round and round, but not that it could skip a cog once in awhile.

Seattle did host in 92. That's ironically where Omaha made its bid for the 94 show.

Best wishes.

Rick L.

Yep, you're on the list bro :)

I don't know what's worse actually, some part of El Paso or Juarez proper...

My dad grew up on Los Angeles st. in El Paso. He took me there a few years ago, and Juarez. That's when I formed the opinon that people who say "The barrio in L.A." (SoCal) don't know what a barrio is.

Just a quick note to say that the rotation stays intact so if Omaha gets it in 2011, another Central location can bid for 2012. Now if no Central locations bid for 2012, it opens it back up nation wide.

All,

Omaha in 2011 would be great! That would basically leave the 2012 slot open for the Cetral Location. Which would leave it open for Memphis or St Louis. My vote (not that its counts for much) would go to St Louis. My drive would be shorter to Memphis but I don't know if the Memphis area would be able to scrap together the manpower to do such a show. I am just hoping (and :coolio: ) that there will be plans made in the future to return the show dates to late July or early (and I do mean early such as the first weekend) August, so that schools are still out for summer break.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

My bid is would be ARKANSAS...the Natural State, land of fried Catfish, great BBQ, cold Beer, and toothless women!!! Canada…the other Mexico, eh… :D !!!

Edited by LZ82
I am just hoping (and ;) ) that there will be plans made in the future to return the show dates to late July or early (and I do mean early such as the first weekend) August, so that schools are still out for summer break.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

That is what we are aiming for (first weekend of August).