All,

Here's one of my contributions to this group build.

The RAF VC-10 in 144th scale (OOB).

Izzy096.jpg

I forsee problems with the decals, they are very old and have turned yellow, I am not sure how well they will go on either...any Advice would be welcome.

I'll post up pics of the decals.

- Matt

All,

Here's one of my contributions to this group build.

The RAF VC-10 in 144th scale (OOB).

Izzy096.jpg

I forsee problems with the decals, they are very old and have turned yellow, I am not sure how well they will go on either...any Advice would be welcome.

I'll post up pics of the decals.

- Matt

Hi Matt, I've got spare decals for the current release of this kit. PM if you can use them.

Planning on putting it into the Airliner GB as I've got British Airways decals.

Tim,

I plan to build it with the camo job that's pictured on the box, I am not sure if your decals will go with it.....but your decals seem to have a lot of stencils that I don't have.

The decal sheet in the box is probably only a total of ~ 12-14 decals, so there's not too much there.

Thanks for the offer.....If I change my mind I'll PM you if you don't mind.

Thanks,

- Matt

• 1 month later...

All,

Here's a little progress update:

I finished scribing the fuselage and glued it together, now I am working on the seams a little. I have also scribed one of the wings. The pics will show the wings for comparison. The kit came with very high raised lines, I could not live with that, so that is why I am re-scribing it.

- Matt

Izzy175.jpg

Izzy176.jpg

Izzy177.jpg

Izzy178.jpg

• 1 month later...

All,

Sorry for the slow progress I've got 5 kits going on at once....this one was just completed....but ineligible for this GB because I started it in December.

Izzy203.jpg

The VC-10 is fully assembled. I am just cleaning up the seams, sink marks, etc. I am also looking for new decals, the ones in the it are severely yellowed and are 30 years old.

Izzy209.jpg

Izzy211.jpg

Izzy210.jpg

Izzy212.jpg

- Matt

gonna look good when done. as for the decals, If you are still planning on using the ones that are yellowed try taping them in a window that get the sun most of the day. I did that to a set of yellowed decals once and after about 5 days they looked much better. and since mine were also old I sprayed them with a coat of model master clear so the wouldn't disintegrate on me

I may have to leave them in my car while at work. My parking space is on top of the parking garage.....

Never heard of sprayinf a clear coat before. Spray it after the yellow has been taken out ? Does it cause any issues when soaking in the water ?

• 1 month later...

All,

I finished the kit this past weekend, but never got around to taking any pics. So Stay Tuned as I'll be providing pics tomorrow here and in the finished build thread for this GB and in the critiques thread.

- Matt

Done.

I ended up using decals from F-Silk. I have to say that they are by far the best decals I have ever used. They came off of the backing very easily, conformed to the surface very well, and absolutely zero frosting, etc. I didn't have to use any Solvaset at all....that's a first for any kit I have ever built.

I strongly recommend those decals.

Izzy006.jpg

Izzy007.jpg

Izzy018-1.jpg

Izzy021.jpg

Izzy023.jpg

Izzy019-1.jpg

Izzy026-1.jpg

Izzy027-1.jpg

Now I need to get 2 desert storm birds in the same scale.....I may get a Tornado and a Jaguar or 2 tornadoes.

- Matt