Yep, it's the re-box.

Thanks for the note and pics of the towel racks, I forgot about those until you mentioned it.... :woot.gif:

I'll paint it with the camo as pictured on the box to go along with my lizard scheme C-141 (Linky)

and hopefully I'll be able to add a C-131 later to the collection in the same scale.

- Matt

Mine is Testors #598. Not sure what the box art was since I bought mine as a bag kit. The instructions show the white/gray "A" model paint scheme

Thanks, I am making a list of the Kit#s for future reference :)

Matt,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Are you going to show progress pictures, or do we need to wait till she is done :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

What exactly are the FS colors on this C-5 ? LINKY

It seems to have a lot more contrast than the Euro-I camo, or is it just me or the lighting.....

Thanks for any info.

BTW, I'll have progress pics on Monday of my builds.

- Matt

What exactly are the FS colors on this C-5 ? LINKY

It seems to have a lot more contrast than the Euro-I camo, or is it just me or the lighting.....

Thanks for any info.

BTW, I'll have progress pics on Monday of my builds.

- Matt

I think it is just the lighting. On the greens, I will lighten or darken a shade for more contrast. The C-5 will appear to have 10 shades of green due to shadows & fading. Funy thing on the all AMC gray scheme, it looked like 5 colors and it was just one....

All,

Here are progress pics of the ac. It is all put together but still needs lots of work.

-- All Seams need to be sanded (the fuselage was slightly warped,a dn I have a big step running down the underside)

-- The engines still need a little work with the seams and filler where it attaches to the wings.

-- Need to fill a little around the cokpit windscreen

-- Remove and replace from scratch the antennas on the fuselage

-- The vertical tail isn't exactly on a 90 degree angle, so it needs to be heated and bent back to vertical (I may not do this, because it is barely noticeable anyways)

I chose this ac because I thought it would be a quick build, Murphys law struck again......However I will say that it has been a fun build anyways.

- Matt

Izzy179.jpg

Izzy180.jpg

Izzy181.jpg

Izzy183.jpg

And for some size comparisons:

Izzy185.jpg

Izzy186.jpg

Izzy187.jpg

Edited by JeskiM

Looking good, the C-5 is a beast.

Note, as you have learned, the kit windows are a B&$^h. Draw decals I used had window decals, much easier......and good choice on gear up, the 28 wheels are also a PITA.

Keep the progress shots coming :thumbsup:

... the 28 wheels are also a PITA.

If I recall correctly (Hell, it was over 30 years ago!), what I did was stick the wheels on last with tube glue, waited until it was starting to harden, then plopped it down with a bit of pressure and a little wiggling to even them all up. Of course I might be thinking 'that's what I should have done'. :bandhead2:

• 3 weeks later...

Stunning work JeskiM!! :woot.gif:

Is the Testors re-issued recently? I was thinking the molds where lost in an fire, but do know there is an company having the molds as that was posted sometime last year here at ARC. I would buy one for sure and I have the original C-5 of Otaki in the stash.

Stunning work JeskiM!! :cheers:

Is the Testors re-issued recently? I was thinking the molds where lost in an fire, but do know there is an company having the molds as that was posted sometime last year here at ARC. I would buy one for sure and I have the original C-5 of Otaki in the stash.

Lots of rumors of what happened to the molds. The most consistent one I keep seeing posted is they have been deep sixed somewhere in the pacific. Now if we can get ROG to do a C-5 since they did a AN-124 & C-17, it only makes sense. While they are at it, do a C-141......

:cheers: Me think C-141 is widely used in the world also it was used extensive for humanitarian missions and would be perfect to see RoG do an C-141 with options to built the 2 versions A and B. The story of the C-5, I have read that too but from no one it was confirmed this or that company is holding the molds of the C-5.

It would make an era complete in aviation as the C-141 was not made 1/144 scale. :thumbsup:

:cheers: Me think C-141 is widely used in the world also it was used extensive for humanitarian missions and would be perfect to see RoG do an C-141 with options to built the 2 versions A and B. The story of the C-5, I have read that too but from no one it was confirmed this or that company is holding the molds of the C-5.

It would make an era complete in aviation as the C-141 was not made 1/144 scale. :thumbsup:

They can make the C-141 like Minicraft made the DC8, produce the "B" model and have the modeler remove the fuselage sections to shorten to the "A" model. The cut areas would be thinned out in the correct locations. Not use if that is possible due to vents & panel lines though.

Second option is to make the fuselage 3 piece per side & the "B" version sprue include the plugs & AR parts.

Whatever way they make it, just make it!

It is now a days matter of tooling only, not as it was in the past manual labour, altough that comes into place in seeing things. RoG have very good new tools to create an perfect C-141 as they showed us on the C-17. OK minor mistakes, but indeed very good model!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Eric2020
  • 3 months later...

All,

Sorry, but I won't be able to get this one done by the deadline.

I'll be done for sure by the end of July tho....either way, I'll still post the pics here if the threads still alive, same for the finished GB thred.

I will definitely post it in the completed builds general thread like I do all of my builds.

- Matt

All,

Sorry, but I won't be able to get this one done by the deadline.

I'll be done for sure by the end of July tho....either way, I'll still post the pics here if the threads still alive, same for the finished GB thred.

I will definitely post it in the completed builds general thread like I do all of my builds.

- Matt

Please do. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will turn out.

• 7 months later...

Somehow I ended up back in this thread and I see that I never posted the completed pics.

Here it is in an attempt to get a diff. color schem that I mentioned in page on of this thread.

Pictures067.jpg

Pictures068.jpg

Pictures069.jpg

I need to get some more pics taken.

- Matt