In addition to the two Starfighters I build, (one's finished, the other one on hold) I'm also building two Phantoms. These also attended the Tactical Air Meet at Twenthe airbase in 1976.

It will be a Bitburg based F-4E like these: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/M...F-4E/0275153/M/

And a Spangdalhem based F-4D like this one: http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/M...F-4D/0195355/M/

For these, I use the 1/72 Hasegawa kits with kit decals:

PC161632.jpg

Work started with the cockpits:

PC171650.jpg

On the D, Hasegawa gives you the wrong instructions, the decals in the rear should be switched. Unfortunatly I only noticed this when they were all settled.

After this, I glued the cockpits in the front fuselage parts, and joined the two fuselage halves together. Fit is still pretty goo, but there were some small seams to be filled:

PC241659.jpg

After this it was time for the wings and the intakes to be fitted on. I left the "vari-ramps" off, this will make it easier to paint that area:

PC261665.jpg

More in the next post.

Edited by Pete

Part deux:

For the engine exhausts I'm using the excellent Cobra Company sets. These comes in 2 pairs in bag and are availlable for both the long petals and the short ones.

These are the long ones (obviously):

PC241662.jpg

And interior:

PC241663.jpg

And here's how they look now:

P1181873.jpg

Underside has been painted yet, with Humbrol 28:

P1181874.jpg

Ten days to go! Back to the workbench.. :thumbsup:

Hello Pete,

You've made amazing progress in such a short time; keep it up. Here's hoping that these Phantoms turn out as well as the Zippers (decal company errors aside).

Looking forward to your next update.

Andrew.

Right..

Probably won't finish these before the deadline, which is a few hours from now. But I decided to show a pic anyway.

P2012228.jpg

I will start decalling on the E now, I'll see how far I get.

Also wanted to say that this was a fun GB, with many nice builds. Now it's time to focus on the Trash Haulers GB and the Test, Eval and Agressor GB. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I suppose I could post a pic of the underside with weathering aplied right now. The F-4E will be finished tomorrow, and the D is on hold since I tore some decals apart. That one will have to wait untill I have some new decals.

So, here is the E underside minus the fueltanks:

P2172299.jpg

And the F-4E is finally done!

Some pics:

P2192320.jpg

P2192321.jpg

P2192323.jpg

P2192324.jpg

P2192325.jpg

I know the GB has ended, but still wanted to show the endresult.

And a thanks to RAGATIGER for providing me with the SUU-21!

Pete

Edited by Pete