Need help on a DML tank!!!!!!

Does anyone do a good review of the DML M1-A1 Abrams. The older releases, not the new DML AIM Abrams. Im looking for old reviews or sprue shots. If anyone can throw a link or some good pics at me, it would be well appreciated!! Thanks!!!!!

This has been up for a long while at Tank Guys. At least it has some pics, with comparison to Trumpeter's and Tamiya's kit. I don't know where it is on the internet, but the leading lights of M1 modeling did a "Tweaks List" PDF years ago that addressed almost everything anyone would want to do to improve that and other (at the time) available kits. Maybe someone here can point us to where it might still be on the web.

My recollection is that the kit was highly regarded prior to it's Dragon replacement, as far as accuracy. People complained of parts fit, though, and pronounced less easy to build than the contemporary Tamiya offering. It includes a basic interior. I have a copy of this kit, but do not consider myself qualified to comment as to accuracy. However, bear in mind that the kit represents a relatively earlier M1A1, and may not be suitable without significant modification for depicting a more recently operated tank.

Later boxing, with some additions, but tank plastic is the same.

A search on the Missing-Lynx "modern armor" message board should bring stuff up.

Edited by Fishwelding
I built it about 12 years ago, if it is the same kit.

Looks good but basic compared to new releases.

Those links are great, fish.

:thumbsup:

MikeJ

The Perth site is awesome. Ashley's written a ton of very detailed reviews, and I'm always checking the "new kit news." By the way, does anyone know where such a list exists, regularly updated, for aircraft or ship kits?

Ah! There it is! Thanks, Tank!

Edited by Fishwelding