1/48 TA-4J Ayit Meshopar

Hi everybody,

I know it's too late to catch up the deadline, so at least beyond the event...

This is my recently in the process 1/48 TA-4J Skyhawk Ayit Meshopar.

Originally I wanted to build it from Classic Airframes kit, but it does not meet my requirements. So I have used kit of Hasegawa with engrafted nose from Classic Airframes (please, don't talk anything about the new announced Hasegawa kit :-) ). The Hasegawa and CA fuselage parts fit together perfectly (what a surprise... :cheers: ).

Some photos from building (more photos you can see here http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=28582 ):

PICT0421~0.JPG

PICT0033.JPG

PICT0439.JPG

PICT0425~0.JPG

PICT0059.JPG

Before painting (one week ago):

PICT0135.JPG

PICT0137.JPG

Edited by Tango

That is one fantastic build. And I had considered doing just what you did, attaching the CA nose to the Has mid-fuselage/tail but I have to say, it's amazing how well they fit together. I know there was a lot of talk about the CA kit being tooled off the Has. kit (the resin wheelwells that come with the CA kit are exact duplicates of the Has plastic wells) but that certainly seems to prove the case.

that looks wonderful. What will go on the pylons?

Just two fuel tanks and one Sidewinder on the left outboard pylon. On the right one will be an empty Sidewinder rail.

Edited by Tango

The GB is over :salute: nevertheless I'm going to finish my Ayit.

Wash is done as well as a gentle drybrush. Whole surface is coated with semi-matt varnish.

PICT0216.JPG

PICT0217.JPG

PICT0218.JPG

PICT0219.JPG

PICT0220.JPG

PICT0221.JPG

You have really blend the decals in the paint, do you use a special product or Sky decals are really thin?

I have used Gunze Mr. Mark Softer and Agama Tensol lotions.

When decals dry, then I coat them with gloss varnish (I use Sidolux floor wax - similar to US Future) and wet sand them with 2400-grain sandpaper.

One more photo with instaled seats:

(quality of the photo is a little bit worse as the picture was taken on the evening with flash)

PICT0226.JPG