My big Hun - FINISHED!

Hi,

This is the Trumpeter F-100D that I finished this morning. I used the resin seat and FOD cover from AMS resin. The 20th TFW decals were from Eagle Strike. The rest is OOB. Painting was done with Gunze lacquer for the silver finish; Alclad for the engine area; various Tamiya and Gunze acrylics for other non-metallic areas.

This kit was a pleasure to build. The engineering was simple, fit was good, and the OOB detail was fantastic. It's a big model with a lot of parts, but it went together so easily I finished it in less than a month. I definitely recommend this kit.

Originally I planned on using Mr. Super Clear Semi-gloss as the top coat. To my dismay, the kit stencils silvered badly under this coat (it's ironic considering it silvered on silver paint). Fortunately I was only testing the coat on the slats, not the main airframe. I ended up not using any top coats at all. I actually like the raw silver finish because I don't often get such a smooth metallic finish that I'm happy with.

Ok, here are the pictures. I hope you like them. Thank you.

hun29.jpg

hun30.jpg

hun31.jpg

hun32.jpg

hun33.jpg

hun34.jpg

hun35.jpg

hun36.jpg

hun37.jpg

hun38.jpg

Cheers,

Terry