Long shot request for VF-111 decals

I'm normally a prop guy but, a friend who doesn't have a computer asked me to see if there are decals around for the following VF-111 a/c (48th scale), F-8, F-4B,N,J & S F-14 and Possibly F/A-18.

TIA, Terry

Hi Terry

I am sincerely convinced, that besides of F/A-18 (and having a little, I mean little doubt about F.8) there have been VF-111 decals released for all of them in 48th scale (Micr/Super Scale and CAM come to my mind ). About their recent availability I am not all that sure.

Regards

Jozef

just FYI, VF-111 never flew hornets of any variant, so you won't find F/A-18 decals of 'em.

Also, VF-111 never flew the F-4J or F-4S; only F-4Bs and 'Ns. Micro/Superscale used to do a sheet for their F-4B MiG killer and I think Hasegawa did a 1/48 boxing for their F-4B/N.

For the F-14A, Superscale has just released 'Miss Molly' on sheet 48-1212 and used to have a low viz set a long while back. Hasegawa also released a VF-111 boxing. See here Spruebrothers for these.

They're currently using the F-5N as VFC-111. These are available from SB Decals also at Spruebrothers.

You might also find this thread in the Research Corner useful: VF-111 Sundowners

Decal listing for VF-11 / 111 - VFC-111 SunDowners in 1/48

F4F Wildcat - None

F6F Hellcat - SuperScale 481034

F8F Bearcat - None

F9F Panther - Victory Productions 48008

F9F Cougar - None

FJ Fury - None

F-11 Tiger None

F-8 Crusader - SuperScale 48-775, Cutting Edge 48-211 (MiG Killer), SuperScale 48-83

F-4B / N - SuperScale 48-325 (MiG Killer),

F-14 Tomcat - Zotz 48024, SuperScale 48-1212, AeroMaster 48-522, SuperScale 48-122 (low vis), SuperScale 48-362,

F-5N - SB Decals 48004, TwoBobs 48-143, SuperScale 48-1198

This obviously is not all of them as there are many other decals companies and various kit manufacturers have included SunDowner markings in different offerings of their kits. I know of at least two other sheets I have not listed but do not have the numbers for them at the moment, I will update them as I find them. If anyone has any more, please let me know. Also, Fightertown is supposedly coming out with a sheet of VF-111 tomcats in schemes which have not been down before. I am looking forward to that as Miss Molly and other schemes have been done to death.

Edited by Fuji