a SUFA from Hasegawa?????

I'd like them to release this in 1/72nd... pretty please with sugar on top...

Cheers,

Andre

Hmmmm ... no ! I prefer to stick with Revell's F-16B and the MA spine .

Talking about the MA set : does in include the nose antennae ?

Stef

I'm sure Hasegawa will release a Sufa, I just hope it's around the same price as the Hellenic kit.

I wish it was LESS then the Greek Viper kit as that thing was just a bit overpriced for what it was, a Hasegawa D with a resin spine and CFTs. And yes, I know resin can be expensive, but Hasegawa is almost pricing themselves out of the market. No work as I can tell was done to make the cockpit proper for a Block 40 or 50 jet. Now if Hasegawa were to do that, then it might be worth while to get compared to finding a B or a D kit without the resin and sticking some IsraCast stuff on it.

One thing I am pretty certain of though is that one will more then likely need to at least invest in aftermarket decals for the kit as on every previous IAF kit that I have seen, Hasegawa has printed the Magen David insignias WAY too light in color. The resulting insignias look like they've been sitting out in the sun on the ramp at the IAF museum for too many years.

well, we already know how much a hase hellenic 2-pit cost...unless you're confortable with that kinda pricing, the sufa will not be off too far. the yen conversion plays a part here too.

but since i've already splash so much on the resin conversions from isracast, i won't be looking forward to it.

I like! Always wanted a Singapore advanced Viper and this looks like it will fit the bill.

i once wanted to do a local blk52+ after visiting the airforce open house, just like you.

but when i probed into the specs of the plane from the internet & coming up close to the real thing (i work in the airbase),

i dropped the idea totally.

why? it's just another sufa wearing local colors! every chaff, antenna & everything is exactly the same copy from the sufa!

then i ask myself why should i build so hard to do a 'copy-cat'?

since then i changed my plan of building a fleet of IDF F-16s instead...

the same goes to the coming F-15SG, another copy-cat of the ra'am! (i maybe wrong until i come up close to it when it arrived here)

marc

SGP

well, we already know how much a hase hellenic 2-pit cost...unless you're confortable with that kinda pricing, the sufa will not be off too far. the yen conversion plays a part here too.

but since i've already splash so much on the resin conversions from isracast, i won't be looking forward to it.

the hase hellenic viper was pricy right before the Yen jump.

F-16I sprue shots from Nürnberg. (CFTs, spine etc all seem to be injection moulded!!)

Other news from Hasegawa (seems to be March through June issues!!):

1/48 F-16C Alaska (aggressor)

1/48 S-35E/RF-35 Draken :) :bandhead2:

1/48 F-8J VF-194

1/48 TA-4J

1/48 Sea King AEW Mk. 2A

1/72 F-4B Combo

1/72 Mirage F-1 Combo

1/72 F-4G

Interesting to see that the 1/48 TA-4J is marked as "Regular new item" as well as "conversion"

Edited by Phantom726
i once wanted to do a local blk52+ after visiting the airforce open house, just like you.

but when i probed into the specs of the plane from the internet & coming up close to the real thing (i work in the airbase),

why? it's just another sufa wearing local colors! every chaff, antenna & everything is exactly the same copy from the sufa!

the same goes to the coming F-15SG, another copy-cat of the ra'am! (i maybe wrong until i come up close to it when it arrived here)

marc

SGP

Hi Marc. I actually like your Singapore markings better. I think seeing that advanced Viper in a different scheme other than the Israeli one will be welcomed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ming (raptor22) showed me the sprue shots about 2 weeks ago, and apparently the new stuff is going to be the lumps and bumps, IFF, CFT's, new tail, the spine of course, and what looked like a SNIPER pod (the middle sprue, I have no idea what that is, it certainly looks like some sort of targeting pod).

Of course, no Python 4/5's nor the 600gal tanks featured on the Sufa, but hey, you can't ask for everything. Heck, I'll be happy if they give us Python 4/5 DECALS on the sheet. And also of course, no updated cockpit, but then again, they haven't updated that junk in a decade.

marc

SGP

our sufa is slightly different from the israeli sufa. and our f-15sg is sort of a hybrid of the K and I.. not a exact copycat.

on another note, hasegawa gives the 2 half domes on the top of the spine seperately from the spine iteself. the singapore variant of the sufa does not have the front dome, only the dome nearer the tail. and if i am not wrong, our sufas do not have the extra chaff dispensers on the underside fuselage. (or maybe israel futher added more chaff recently) so tiny bit of modeifcations by removing some parts to make a accurate singaporean based sufa.

If you check sprue brothers they are selling it for about $45 on pre-order. So way less than the Helenic AF. Looks like the Kinetic release has lowered the Hasegawa price!

I think the major part of the price difference is that the spine on this one is plastic instead of the resin one the Hellenic boxing came with.