KMC 1/72 Boeing 727

Greetings all,

Just curious what this kit is worth and how much shipping will be in the lower 48? Are decals available other than American Airlines? The box appears to be in good shape all parts appear to be there.

Any painting recommendations?

Thanks,

Bob

The kit is good. Just be ready to reshape the very incorrect nose. Most of thre rest of the kit is OK.

I must respectfully disagree in whole with that. There is almost nothing about the KMC kit that remotely resembles a Boeing 727. The fuselage is too fat, the windows are too big, the wings are awful (too thick & fat, uneven dihedral). The resin landing gear is a joke, the wheels don't look like 727 wheels. The resin parts of the engines don't match the size of the plastic parts, although they do have nice detail (which you'll sand off trying to make them fit).

I got one of the kits before it came out with the intention of doing some Liveries Unlimited decals for it, and I gave up almost immediately, since you can't put markings on the kit and make them fit the way they fit on the real airplane.

While I have seen the kit built up, and while it looks okay from a distance (nobody is going to mistake it for a B-17 or anything), the kit has really serious problems from stem to stern.

I'd probably wait for the aforementioned AIM kit to come out rather than sinking hard earned money and effort into what's essentially a pretty awful kit.

Just my thoughts. I've got the entire set of factory station diagrams and illustrated parts breakdown for the 727, and I'm comparing the kit to those and to photos...

J

I have 3 just one off ebay last night I like them paid just over 150 bones for one Erick

Makes me want to sell mine....I pre-ordered it when KMC announced it. The only problem I have is I am missing one of the Horiz stab halves (lost during two moves, box was falling apart). I just plan on assembling one stab half & casting a replacement set since they are made identical.

Should I just sell it? Decisions decisions.....

Jennings and I have a mutual friend who is a pretty fearless builder and converter of kits. He built a very nice 1/72nd Electra in Reeve Aleutian markings for presentation to the company, which included a full interior!

I mention this to establish his bonafides because he bought two KMC 727s. After battling his first one (converted, natch, to a 727-100), trying to fix all of the errors, this guy pronounced the KMC kit as unbuildable, and nearly sold his second copy to me for $10! He thought better of that, but didn't touch his second KMC kit after fighting the first one. That told me all I needed to know about the KMC kit.

It has collector value, given the high prices it commands on eBay, but that's about it for worth as far as I'm concerned.

Andy

Alton IL

Jennings and I have a mutual friend who is a pretty fearless builder and converter of kits. He built a very nice 1/72nd Electra in Reeve Aleutian markings for presentation to the company, which included a full interior!

I wanna see that Electra! Any pics?