My brother bought me one of these kits for Christmas, knowing how much I loved the look of it.

I pretty much want to build this as close to OOB as possible. I will be doing some scratch, like to the area behind the ejector seat, and I replaced the kit seat with an Airwaves resin MB Mk16A.

So on to construction- to date I have built and painted the cockpit. The kit cockpit is very well detailed and almost exact when compared to any reference photos I have used. I chose not to use the decals Revell have supplied for the IP but handpainted all the detail instead.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

I will post more as progress continues.

I have started onto the intakes tonight- I will post some pics once done.

Alan.

EDIT- the dark looking side consoles are actually light grey but came across very dark in the photos.

Edited by Alan

That is some very neat detail painting Alan, top job :thumbsup:

Umm,....I hesitate to ask this now that you've done such great work but,....erm,....is the black finish a new development? I thought the Typhoon cockpit tub was light grey? :D Ignore me, I'm being too anal.........! :D

The dry-brushing on the black of the seat really makes the detail "pop".

Keep it up.

:cheers:

Edited by geedubelyer

It is actually light grey- as I said the photography came out poorly- has seriously darkened the grey down.

Here is another shot.

IMG_0018.jpg

Edited by Alan
It is actually light grey- as I said the photography came out poorly- has seriously darkened the grey down.

Ah, I see, thanks Alan :thumbsup:

I did n't know if it was some new Tranche "X" night vision compatible version.

As I said, ignore me mate,...I know nussink. :doh:

Looking forward to more progress soon.

:rofl:

A small update on the Typhoon.

Have filled in the mould flaw behind the second access panel.

al3.jpg

I had a bit of a disaster whilst installing the canards. The locator pins where quite short and the holding plug doesnt fit very well. Whilst trying to extend it i broke off the pin. So, I cut off the other pin on the other canard and drilled a hole in both and inserted a metal pin to go through both sides of the fuselage. This will enable me to move the canards at the same time.

al5.jpg

I have installed the cockpit and joined both halves of the fuselage. There is quite a seam so I will have to fill the it and will leave it overnight to harden ad then sand it out. There is also quite a gap between the back of the IPand the coaming.

al2.jpg

al1.jpg

Finally,for today, I have some wiring to the aft of the cockpit.

al4.jpg

So long for today.

Alan.

Edited by Alan
  • 1 year later...

That cockpit looks great, what color grey did you use as your base? The detail paint is awesome :)

Looking forward to more posts!

EDIT: Just realized that this was from '09, hope your build continued...

Edited by IrishGreek