SEPECAT Jaguar - 16 Squadron Special

Hi all,

This is my first Group Build here on ARC, and also my first model in about two years!! Anyway, here is my build - an Airfix GR3A Jag, to be finished as the below 16 Squadron special tail aircraft.

Hope you enjoy the build!

The Real Thing:

1024451.jpg

0849652.jpg

The box:

1-2.jpg

The Bang Seat, the one that came with the kit - I couldn't be bothered to fork out £4 on a resin one, so I added Tamiya Tape belts, buckles and a guitar string 'noise handle'. I think it is alright ^_^

2-2.jpg

The cockpit (apologies for the bad photo), it built up fine albeit with decal panels. I added a throttle out of the plastic-coated wire that came with my clamps!

3-1.jpg

Any comments and criticism fully welcome,

All the best,

Ben :thumbsup:

Edited by Random

Hi Guys,

Sorry this wasn't really much of a WIP, but the PC has died and it would be so much effort to take pics every step of the way, transfer and edit them on a crappy laptop etc., so I cracked on and got it completed!

I didn't do it up as the 16 Squadron bird in the end, just as the OOB 54 squadron, as I felt that it would be a bit of a waste to buy a £12 decal set for something that didn't turn out amazing!

As has been said, this was my first build in a couple of years or so, and I am happy with it - it may not be much compared to some people's stuff, but hey, I had fun!

It's missing the pitot and a couple of small antennae in the photos, but these are now on. And before you ask, I know the landing lights are on the wrong way round. And I screwed up the canopy. And the loadout is wrong. And It was missing an engine in the photoshoot!! Hope you like it! :thumbsup:

Jaguar11of36.jpg

Jaguar26of36.jpg

Jaguar3of36.jpg

Jaguar5of36.jpg