12421 1/72 F-4E PHANTOM

1322 1/35 GULASCH KANONE

72003 1/72 GERMAN COMMAND CAR SET

Thanks to flock@fighterforumactif.

sorry if it is a repost. :thumbsup:

Thanks to flock@fighterforumactif.

sorry if it is a repost. :thumbsup:

Hi

I'd be interested in knowing the lineage of the TIGER II.

Although Hase has a couple of twin F-16s in 1/48, aftermarket markings are pretty scarce. So I hope these "new" twins may spur on some new markings.

T

Hm. The only thing that would interest me is the 1/72nd Phantom... and with current Academy pricing, it would be hard pressed to compare with the RoG F-4F and even the Hasegawa range...

Oh well. Here's hoping Academy will feature a modular Phantom, and that they eventually do the entire range at sub-Hasegawa prices.

Cheers,

Andre

Hi

I'd be interested in knowing the lineage of the TIGER II.

Although Hase has a couple of twin F-16s in 1/48, aftermarket markings are pretty scarce. So I hope these "new" twins may spur on some new markings.

T

Academy released there's long time some F-5, I think they modifiy and improve at least.

Hopefully this will prompt Tamiya to release a 1/32 twin seater F-16. Rather have them do it than Academy.

I still can't understand this kind of statement.

You are able to compare a kit not yet released with an another not even announced or surely not even schedulded by the manufacturer himself.

T

Some of the 32 scale decals out there include a two seater marking in their sheets. I know Ben added 89-2167 in Oklahoma markings on the Fox One decal sheet 32-008. I do agree though, more family model decals are needed.

Edited by drhornii
Academy released there's long time some F-5, I think they modifiy and improve at least.

Academy had kits of the F-5A, F-5B and a faux 'T-38' listed as 1/48th early in their lineup (like their A-4E and TA-4 kits, these were knockoffs of the 1/50th Fujimi kits), not of the F-5E.

HTH,

Andre

I still can't understand this kind of statement.

You are able to compare a kit not yet released with an another not even announced or surely not even schedulded by the manufacturer himself.

I have both the Academy and Tamiya F-16C kits. There is no reason to believe that the Academy two-seat F-16 will be anything other than the same as their previous kit with the change of a new upper fuselage, new canopy, and parts for a second cockpit. That's the only difference in their 1/32 F/A-18C and F/A-18D kits. The probability that they would fix any of the issues with their single-seater kit is very, very low in my estimation.

If Tamiya put out a two-seat F-16, their kit would no doubt be the same, namely their existing kit with a new upper fuselage, canopy, and rear cockpit.

Of the two existing single seater kits, based on how I believe each will (or would in the case of Tamiya) make a two seater, I would much rather have a two-seater based on the Tamiya kit than one based on the Academy kit.

I have both the Academy and Tamiya F-16C kits. There is no reason to believe that the Academy two-seat F-16 will be anything other than the same as their previous kit with the change of a new upper fuselage, new canopy, and parts for a second cockpit. That's the only difference in their 1/32 F/A-18C and F/A-18D kits. The probability that they would fix any of the issues with their single-seater kit is very, very low in my estimation.

If Tamiya put out a two-seat F-16, their kit would no doubt be the same, namely their existing kit with a new upper fuselage, canopy, and rear cockpit.

Of the two existing single seater kits, based on how I believe each will (or would in the case of Tamiya) make a two seater, I would much rather have a two-seater based on the Tamiya kit than one based on the Academy kit.

Dave

Can you please explain/summarize what is wrong/inaccurate with the Academy kit?

I'm just in the evaluation phase and not sure whether to buy the Tamiya or the Academy one.

Many thanks

Greg

Edited by aviationpic

Is this objective?

I m excited at the same time a bit reserved with the posting of these new items. I would always say that the last 2 new kits the F-16CD/CJ, and the F/A-18C were nothing but very good in comparison to what they churn our from the last issues.

The only thing thats holding me back about academy now is their pricing. With the prices of the latest F-22, i could get 2 F-16 from Kinetic new issued

F-5E seems an odd choice to me. However, if it's got the duckbill nose, LERXs and the vertical fin extension (as an option at least), then I might be in for at lease one to add to my Monogram F-5E/F "collection."

:blink: CV90! :) :woo:

Been waiting for one of those for ages. At times, the modelling gods do smile upon us! :thumbsup:

1/72 Oshkosh M977 sounds pretty cool too.

Hope the F-4E is a new tool. If it's any good, I could use a couple. Not paying ridiculous prices for Hasegawa "special issue" kits. deadhorse1.gif

Huu ??? No Lightning any more ???

Don't hold your breath, Deino! Over on whatifmodelers, The Wooksta said it's gonna be a Trumpeter repop. :(

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The 1/72 F/A-18A is out already, and can be had from Lucky Model (at least, probably some others have it too). When I looked at the 1/72 F-16C it looked like there were sprue gates to include the possibility of a new fuselage, so it looks like that has come to fruition. Hopefully once it is out, CMK will release their F-16I and IAF F-16D conversions with out the new forward fuselage.

Curious to see how the F-4E turns out, there's no shortage of markings available to do for those...

-Jared

Good news on a 1/32 2 seat F-16. Even if this doesn't inspire Tamiya to finally release a 2 hole bird of their own, it may inspire some aftermarket companies to produce some conversions, like an Israeli D Barak or Sufa, Greek or other user late block D's. I have at least one Tamiya F-16 reserved for a conversion that appears to never be on its way, so this is good news. Perhaps Academy might even fix some of the more obvious errors from their C kit. Depending on how close it is and how low the prices go after about 6 months, picking up an Academy kit and seeing if the front fuselage could be grafted onto the Tamiya kit might be an option as well. At the least, it would provide the most hard to make parts, like the cockpit and canopy, so that it could be used as a parts donor for a conversion of the Tamiya kit.

This is indeed good news, just when I was considering selling off my Tamiya Vipers.

Edited by JasonB