Built up 1/32 Eurofighter Typhoon photos

Looking at these two photos it strikes me that whoever assembled the Trumpeter website example may have installed the fuselage parts (painted silver) immediately behind the exhaust nozzles upside-down. If not, then installing them upside-down (i.e. not as the picture) may be a fix.

Not that it matters as 1:32 is too large a scale for me - I have space problems as it is with 1:48!!!

:)

Darius

Hi Darius,

Take a look at the intrusion of the wing root in to the silver area, they will only go one way up (if they are even removable, and we haven't seen the part breakdown so I couldn't say for sure comment)

Jamie

There they go with the rivits. Again. (running for cover :salute: )

:whistle:

But hey, they once again have been able to supply us with a kit the other

manufactuers don't seem to be able or willing to put on offer !!!

As far as I'm concerned :) !!!

(And I'm not even interrested in a 1/32 Tiffy...)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Normally i'm first on the queue for Trumpter 32nd jets, but this one I'm passing on , partly the rivet work is overdone - no real suprise, but Wrong, the real thing is pretty well rivet free , I've seen the real thing up close and personal and theer are large slabs of fusalage/wing skins that are panel line and fastner free, let alone covered in rivets

and secondly Revell have announced their own 32nd Typhoon for later in the year , and based on their excellent 48th scale kit , I'm prepared to bet its going to be better , and cheaper that the Trumpter effort

Not a bashing of Trumpter , really its not , ist just in this case there will be an alternative , and I'm prepared to wait for it to appear befor laying down the thick end of £100 for a kit that's not as good as it could be ...

Cue the fight ...... :rofl:

Had no idea that Revell is releasing a 1/32 EF2000, that's much better news still, no need bothering with Trumpeter's irritations then.

Marcel

Looking at these two photos it strikes me that whoever assembled the Trumpeter website example may have installed the fuselage parts (painted silver) immediately behind the exhaust nozzles upside-down. If not, then installing them upside-down (i.e. not as the picture) may be a fix.

Not that it matters as 1:32 is too large a scale for me - I have space problems as it is with 1:48!!!

:cheers:

Darius

The piece isn't upside down, they have moulded the rear fuselage completely incorrectly. The outline is far too square and the nozzles look undersized compared to the rest of the jet.

Also, ditto on the HUD, I didn't notice it's absence (too busy being shocked at the rest of the kit).

I don't normally build 1/32, but I would have made an exception for a Tiffie. However with this kit being a pile of poo and Revell bringing their own out later this year, I think I'll wait.

I think they might have based a lot of their research on the existing Revell 1/48. In the Revell kit their is a mould flaw on both sides of the fuselage- it lools like a panel line, behind the second access panel. I can see this is evident on the Trumpeter kit as a panel line.

The piece isn't upside down, they have moulded the rear fuselage completely incorrectly. The outline is far too square and the nozzles look undersized compared to the rest of the jet.

Reminds me of the undersized nozzles on the old Revell MiG-29 kit, but that kit has the excuse of being something like 20 years old and of being of an aircraft that few good photos were available in the West at the time it was tooled. Wonder what Trumpeter's excuse is?

And... al less than 50 euros Revell's one will be much cheaper!!!

I'm only scared by the dimension of the Revell box considering how big they made it for their 48 scale one!

Probably similar in size to the JU-88 box. That is one big box.

I think they might have based a lot of their research on the existing Revell 1/48. In the Revell kit their is a mould flaw on both sides of the fuselage- it lools like a panel line, behind the second access panel. I can see this is evident on the Trumpeter kit as a panel line.

Most interesting observation! :thumbsup:

See, that's what's bugs me. If they actually do that, why do they seem to then screw something up? For example, the 1/32 A-7 seems very similar to the 1/48 Hasegawa kit. But if they did use that as a basis, why then screw up the intake and canopy? It's like, We're going to copy this kit, but then mess something up so that no one can accuse us of copying it. While I dislike copying, I dislike expensive kits with messed up things even more.

See, that's what's bugs me. If they actually do that, why do they seem to then screw something up? For example, the 1/32 A-7 seems very similar to the 1/48 Hasegawa kit. But if they did use that as a basis, why then screw up the intake and canopy? It's like, We're going to copy this kit, but then mess something up so that no one can accuse us of copying it. While I dislike copying, I dislike expensive kits with messed up things even more.

Agreed. If they were going to copy the Revell kit you would have thought they would have got the shape right!

I'd be interested to see one in the flesh. I can't tell for certain, but I think they've got the shape of the wings wrong as well (they look straight, when the wings on the real jet aren't).

Aggressor Supporter - Thanks for the vote of confidence :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the Revell release myself.

Twice as nice for half the price!

I just wish Revell would step up and start pumping out more new 1/32 subjects...

:(

Then you would have nothing to do... :cheers: :P

I'm very disappointed... Typhoon has now a very special place in my heart due to sentimental reasons and I was excited to know that Trumpy was about to release the 1/32 model. The model is VERY FAR to be a at least a fairly decent reproduction of the real aircraft and, considering the scale, this is not acceptable. :rofl:

I'm very disappointed... Typhoon has now a very special place in my heart due to sentimental reasons and I was excited to know that Trumpy was about to release the 1/32 model. The model is VERY FAR to be a at least a fairly decent reproduction of the real aircraft and, considering the scale, this is not acceptable. :doh:

My thoughts exactly. Typhoon was the first programme I worked on when I joined BAE (hence why I often refer to it as 'my' aircraft) so I was looking forward to a decent 1/32 scale kit to break me into that scale. This clearly is not it. Still, Revell are doing one, so it's not all bad news.

Hi all

to quote that the Trumpy kit is rubbish is fair enough,but where did the idea of the Revell kit come from,as no one has put any proof of one comming out on this forum.It has only been mentioned that one is in the pipeline,im not saying its not true because Revell brought an early version of the Typhoon out in 32nd scale some years ago along with the Saab Gripen but they were both prototypes and the Typhoon would need some considerable work doing to it to bring it up to date.I hope Revell do make a new model of the Typhoon in 32nd scale as this is my prefered choice of scale model,and like many i was looking foward to the trumpy kit,but as of now im back to square one in waiting for someone to bring out a decent model of the Typhoon in 32nd scale like ''REVELL''.Fingers crossed.

Clive.

I just found this on the Revell future releases,so i have piece of mind that there will be a 1/32nd Eurofighter in the very near future.

04783 Eurofighter Typhoon & full engine

Maßstab: 1:32 Scale: 1:32

Datum: 10/2009 Date: 10/2009

Preis: 49,99€ Price: 49,99 €

Wey Hey!.