Latest Work - Spitfire Mk1

Just a quick build from the Tamiya kit. Lovely little kit but I'm not entirely convinced by the shape of the nose and "chin". But it looks right enough for me.

Painted with Humbrol enamels throughout and finished with Windsor & Newton "Galeria" Acrylic Satin Varnish

I was going to do a WIP for the Spitfire GB, but I don't think my skills are really up to being on display in a GB!

spit1.jpg

spit2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Matt

Edited by MattC

Well thankyou :banana:

I'm not massively proud of this one, but the paint job came out better than I expected, and as a bonus, the acrylic varnish actually acted like a decal softener and let them sink into the panel lines etc, which I was rather impressed with.

I will be trying an airbrush soon, but as it is, I'm fairly happy with what can be done with a brush :o

Matt, get yourself another Spit and get in that Group Build! Poor skills are simply no excuse! ;)

And besides, that's a long, long way from the worst Spitfire I've ever seen (or built myself!!).

I wish i could brush paint as well as you. That is one good looking Spit!!!! I wouldn't keep putting yourself down, i've seen a lot worse (they're on my shelf right now). The only thing i would suggest, maybe a wash after the decals... just to show the panel lines. Other than that, :cheers: :)

Mat.

Right, I had a go at doing a wash....

Bear in mind I have never even attempted this before :)

P1010049.jpg

Needs a bit of a clean up round the nose and I'll have a go at some exhaust staining, but you get the idea. Not brilliant, but as a first effort, I think its dubiously acceptable.

Thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

I'm not entirely sure, but its done now. It could be a lot better, I think its a little dirty for my taste, more practice required on doing washes perhaps.

I might put this one in a diorama of some sort yet, I'm yet to decide.

Onwards and upwards

Looks good with the wash on it. If you think it's too dirty (i think it looks right for a spitfire) then you can always remove some of the wash, how you do it, depends on what you used for the wash... But remember, always go in the direction of the airflow.

Good Job!!!!!

Mat.