1/72 Su-27 Flanker (Italeri)

I´m seeing the light at the end! This will be soon finished, I just must finish painting the ejection seat and put the final touch at the canopy attachment area. This is how it looks by now:

No.1

Looks great, you rescribed all that? I cant decide to do that. Never tried befor, I think I lack some experience to do that. Keep us posted on progres. :)

Yes! I did rescribe all the surfaces.....It did take me ages!!!

But I´m glad I did. I really find raised panel lines very unrealistic. I can say that experience can only be made by trying: this was for me the very first time I tried resribing. Before I only had done that to restore some line here and there that had desappeared after sanding and putting.

So go for it if you feel like!

/Kristian

Sweet Flanker Kristian. I've got a couple of the Hasegawa's here, plus one RoG rebox and a Heller UB just screaming for me to build them.

Dang, so many kits....

Jeff

I would GLADLY take care of your Heller UB!!! It is impossible to find! :)

Hey KRI76, that looks GREAT!!! Can you fill me in on the colors you used, I have one in 1/48 thats just about ready for the paint booth.

Once again LOOKS GOOD!! :P

:wave: Jack aka BUGFAN

Yes! I did rescribe all the surfaces.....It did take me ages!!!

But I´m glad I did. I really find raised panel lines very unrealistic. I can say that experience can only be made by trying: this was for me the very first time I tried resribing. Before I only had done that to restore some line here and there that had desappeared after sanding and putting.

So go for it if you feel like!

/Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Simply a spendid job on your Flanker!

Please post more photos of the bird aasap!

Cheers

Diego

HDL

I've got a couple of the Hasegawa's here, plus one RoG rebox and a Heller UB just screaming for me to build them.

Hi Jeff,

...then wait till next week. Our "fighting Flankers" sheets in 1/72 and 1/48 are ready and will be then available for delivery.

The sheet includes markings for some Su-27 already involved in combat and painted in many spectacular schemes:

-Ethiopian AF Su-27S, standard camo, Ethiopian Flankers shot down 4 Eritrean MiG-29 during the 1999/2000 war.

-Eritrean AF Su-27S and Su-27UB with light blue/dark green/"MiG blue-green"(sic) splinter camo and bogus canopy under the fuselage.

-Angolan AF Su-27S and Su-27UB with spectacular sand/olive green/grass green camos.

-Indonesian AF with a beautiful mid grey/light grey disruptive camo.

Happy modelling

Diego

HDL

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Hi-D...-Decal_Line.htm

I used Humbrol´s. I read in a magazine ("Model Wings" No.12) an article by Paolo Cattaneo, describing his built of a 1/48 Academy Su-27. The pix showed a very convincing paint job, so I decide to try that myself instead of using the Xtra colors I had planed to use. The colors are like following:

Light Blue (FS 35550): 10% Humbrol 89 + 90% Humbrol 130

Blue Grey (FS 35550): 10% Humbrol 89 + 90% Humbrol 147

Dark Blue Grey (FS 35550): 70% Humbrol 89 + 30% Humbrol 130

For the radome I used Humbrol 105 (for the darker shade) and a lightened shade (like 15-20% of white...don´t remember exactly) for the lighter one.

I´m glad you like it! I hope this colors will work for you as well! Just a question: I´d need some pics of the area where the canopy is attached to the fuselage, because it is really too flat otherways, and the pics I have don´t show that much. Can anyone help?

/Kristian

• 11 months later...

Excellent model Kristian, The colous are awesome, not to mention panel lines. It is better to have model with reccesed panel lines by yourself than hasegawa. Hope we will have pictures soon.

Edited by skuki