• 1 month later...

Boscombe Down test squadron F-4. Hasegawa 1/48 with Eduard cockpit photo etch, true details seat and everything else uncluding the decals is out of the box. The roundel white was very light. Luckily I had another set of kit decals from a trade. Still alittle light compared to the vivid red and blue.

I did not like the guady appearance of the 1983 show markings so I just used the squadron basic raspberry ripple markings. I think the photo refs I had were from around 1984 or 1985.

IMGP8974.jpg

IMGP8980.jpg

IMGP8973.jpg

Edited by phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm number three to be finished.

Here's my 1/72 Hasegawa F-15B in the red & white scheme used at Edwards AB. It was a fun little kit, the only problem I had was the fit of the forward and rear fuselage parts, but I hear that's normal for these kits.

I used the kit's decals, apart from the red areas, which I painted with ModelMaster Ferrari Red, and the roundels came from other sheets.

I hope you like it:

P3172490.jpg

P3172491.jpg

P3172492.jpg

P3172505.jpg

P3172513.jpg

Now, back to finishing the C-119 for the Trash Hauler GB. Maybe I will build something elso for this GB in the future, perhaps an F-16...

Pete

Next. Hasegawa 1/72 phantom. With some Eduard stuff like dropped air brakes and cockpit. This reminds me why I don't build much in 1/72 anymore. Superscale decals.

IMGP8998.jpg

And a class photo of past VX-4 builds. Some several years old.

IMGP8995-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Airfix 1/72nd Harrier Gr.5, with FlightDec decals, working flaps and a pilot from the spares box - everything else OOB. Colour is 2:1 Xtracolor #123 'Blue Angel Blue' and Revell #7 'Black'

pic_18.jpg

pic_19.jpg

pic_20.jpg

pic_21.jpg

pic_22.jpg

cheers

Grant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my finished build. See the build thread here. 1/48 Hasegawa F-18A converted from the C kit. Used FTD "hornet adversary" decals (highly recommend :cheers: ) Wolfpack wing folding kit. TACTS pod from weapons D kit, Tamiya AIM-9 with FTD "data" decals. Intake and exhaust covers inspired by Rhinolover. It was a very enjoyable build. Hope you like my pics:

NSAWC41finished001.jpg

NSAWC41finished047.jpg

NSAWC41finished049.jpg

NSAWC41finished026.jpg

NSAWC41finished013.jpg

Edited by graves_09
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

The NC-141A is now complete.

It has taken nearly 7 months to build, but now it's done.

c141_95.jpg

c141_96.jpg

c141_97.jpg

c141_98.jpg

c141_99.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the build.

Cobngrats to all the others who completed models. Some superb builds there. It's been a pleasure doing something for the GB.

Thanks for looking.

Ted

• 2 weeks later...

Done....in the nick of time...phew !

Awesome kit. But I had 2 dissappointments

1: Light Ghost Gray and Dark Ghost Gray are way to close, not very good contrast. Next time I will use a darker gray

2: The gray decals (bunny head, etc) almost exactly match the Light Ghost Gray color, making it hard to see

Also, the Hobby Boss decals that I used for this are slightly incomplete, for example the number is missing under the wings.

So as usual it is not the perfect build.....maybe next time. However I feel that I am better mastering the art of bringing out the panel line so :bandhead2:

All in all it makes another nice addition to the collection....great weapons load and thanks for the excuse to actually build it.

Note of Interest: In the last pic, under my desk, on the chair is my nearly done C-5 for the Trash Haulers GB that will sadly not make the deadline, but will be late.... :cheers:

Pictures147.jpg

Pictures148.jpg

Pictures149.jpg

Pictures152.jpg

Pictures153.jpg

Pictures155.jpg

• 1 year later...