Well, I am going to throw my hat into the ring with the perfect entry that just popped into my model stash....

Subject: TSR-2 XR219

Kit: Airfix 1/48 scale offering

Well, it was the first jet in the line and I can't think of anything that says Flight Test and Evaluation more then the first and only TSR-2 ever to fly. :)

Would a production F-15E coming of the factory line going through acceptance flight tests at the MacAir factory before being handed over to the USAF fall within the scope of this GB? Plane would be in standard camo but no unit markings or tail codes applied yet. Also, the plane would be depicted in a configuration not usually seen in regular operations but each StrikeEagle had to do this once before acceptance.

thanks,

Gary F

Oh yeah, also going to start an XF-2B.

Hadn't realised I had to post here too.

I'm doing Black 503, the protptype for the Sukhoi Su-30MKK export variant.

The patient is an Academy 1/48 Su-27UB, in an unstarted condition, suffering from shallowtubitis and a decal deficiency.

Remedial therapy will be one NeOmega resin cockpit and Begemot decals, plus some other modifications in the fins and windshield area.

And if this work proceeds apace, I might do some WWII plane tested at the LII VVS, to bring more props in this GB.

Edited by Bonehammer73

Hi,

With all the exciting new F-16 stuff coming out, I often look at my F-16 stash.

I have worked a bit on the the F/A-18E that I promised for this GB and I'll start a thread about that one tonight.

But when I'm not working on the Tomcat or the Hornet, I'm also having some fun with a Hasegawa F-16C. I intend to build that one with the "Weapons School 50th anniversary" markings.

It suddenly dawns upon me that this one may qualify for this GB. I figure that this unit is involved in the evaluation of tactics and pilots.

It does not have a Russian coat, but it's a WA F-16. :)

Cheers, Stefan.

I have an Anigrand C-141A that I'm building as the Edwards NC-141A in 1/72nd scale, which I started last Friday. Through my inattention, I hadn't noticed this GB, and I had decided it wasn't quite right for the Trash Haulers GB, as it probably never hauled trash, so if you think it's OK, I'll put it on here.

I'm doing it with the adapted nose as seen in 2002 in the grey and whit scheme, with home made decals for it.

I read over the rules and saw it can be no more than 25% done. Would one coat of primer be acceptable? Fuselage and wings are primed, but they are not together. Engine bits are partially painted too.

Thanks.

It just so happens this GB coincides with some of my plans for this year. Count me in with:-

1) 70 years on, the worlds first jet aircraft, the Heinkel He 178V1. 1/48th Condor kit.

2) The Pegasus II-61 test aircraft, Harrier Gr5 ZD402. 1/72nd Airfix kit with FlightDec decals. Probably in the hover on 4 acrylic rods.

cheers

Grant