Convention Hotel Parking

Last time I checked downtown Columbus doesn't have a giant aluminum golfball or a castle anywhere, so the comparison is way off and I don't see commercials for Magical Columbus Getaways anywhere on TV.

I've been to Disney and I've always been told there is no such thing as a 'free' lunch, so I assume the overpriced food or souveneirs aren't priced that way because that is what they think is a fair price. My wallet sure doesn't once I leave the park properties.

Lastly, I would hardly consider the Hyatt or any other downtown Columbus Hotel to a Disney resort, not by a long shot!

Well, I have to put my blinders back on now so I can go to work (I'm lucky I have one) That way I don't have to see my unemployed neighbors or foreclosed homes in my neighborhood in Columbus.

Don't preach to us about hard times.

Jason

Jason,

Quick question for you. I know in the mid Aug. time there is no hockey, so BlueJacket games won't be a problem. But has anyone looked at the Clippers schedule? Isn't that new downtown stadium supposed to be finished for games this year. I know when I went to Jackets games, day parking in the garages had to be out 2 hours before gametime. Then they add on this special event cost to parking. Might be a small problem for those parking offsite.

You guys have enough on your hands as it is. Just wondering if anyone had given that any thought. I haven't seen a schedule yet and haven't gotten my season ticket ordering package yet. My wife works for the arena so I will use her parking pass, but it might be of interest to others.

Jeff

There is also parking just a couple blocks away in the chestnut garage. (I'm a local)

Chestnut Street Parking

44 E Chestnut St

Columbus, OH 43215

(614) 249-8702‎

It is where I usually park for stuff at the convention center.

Just a few blocks further is the front street garage.

285 N Front St, Columbus, OH‎ - (614) 221-0461‎

See this pdf for all the local parking:

parking pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Jason,

Quick question for you. I know in the mid Aug. time there is no hockey, so BlueJacket games won't be a problem. But has anyone looked at the Clippers schedule? Isn't that new downtown stadium supposed to be finished for games this year. I know when I went to Jackets games, day parking in the garages had to be out 2 hours before gametime. Then they add on this special event cost to parking. Might be a small problem for those parking offsite.

Jeff

NBA won't kick off pre-season games until September, so not worries there.

Jason,

You guys have enough on your hands as it is. Just wondering if anyone had given that any thought. I haven't seen a schedule yet and haven't gotten my season ticket ordering package yet. My wife works for the arena so I will use her parking pass, but it might be of interest to others.

Jeff

The Clippers will be at home against the Toledo Mud Hens, for all of the days of the convention, but all the games are 7.05 first pitch and should not affect us. Also, the new field is several blocks in the other direction and the parking should not impact us too much.

Graham

IPMS Eddie Rickenbacker

How far is the field from the convention center? Is it within walking distance?

Mike

Yes it is walking distance. Walk west, across High street, one block to Nationwide arena, past the arena, across the arena parking lot, across the street and there is the Stadium.

Cheers

Graham