AT-ST AMT-ERTL refurbished

Hi my name is Antonio Ces and I´ll try to improve the AT-ST kit from AMT/ERTL into a nice show kit....

amt38302.jpg

I began to split the head in to pieces in order to super detail the cockpit, adding some armor plates and other structural modifications...

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

Once I did this I started to collect and assemble pieces from my kitbash box in order to create a cockpit as close to the movie one as possible

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Greetings

Antonio

Ok, next step.... painting the cockpit...

The seats and center console:

11.jpg

The back (rear) computerized console:

12.jpg

The cockpit interior was made in 5 different pieces so they could be fitted and removed any time for painting and touching up:

13.jpg

14.jpg

Ok once I done it why don't if we have a pick of the final assembly of the cockpit inside the At-St's head:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Well that's about it for now I hope you like it so far....

Greetings

Antonio

Ok let's keep modifying... now the cannon...

This is how it's made originally in the kit

10.jpg

And this is how Light&Magic designed it

atst.jpg

...So let's do it...

8.jpg

9.jpg

51.jpg

53.jpg

55.jpg

Also the base of the cannon has to be modify in order to achive realism

48.jpg

49.jpg

52.jpg

So far so good...

Greetings

Antonio

This is really cool! You're doing a smashing good job of it so far. I have a couple of these kits and had thought about trying what you're doing, but never really had a good idea about where to even start. Watching you build yours up is making me give new thought to maybe trying it. I look forward to watching the rest of the build. :thumbsup:

:D

This is really cool! You're doing a smashing good job of it so far. I have a couple of these kits and had thought about trying what you're doing, but never really had a good idea about where to even start. Watching you build yours up is making me give new thought to maybe trying it. I look forward to watching the rest of the build. :banana:

:yahoo:

Yes mkimages, it's a pitty that the amt guys didn't make an extra efford in this pieces because they have good subjects in the Star Wars series... I have five other kits from this series... the xwing, tie interceptor, the AT-AT, the millenium falcon and the new (I think it is from monogram) the ARC-130, and I'm collecting reference material for improve them in time...

Greetings

Antonio

68.jpg

Finally and for the complete preview this couple of pictures give us a view of the entire progress...

P6020002.jpg

70.jpg

69.jpg

This is about it so far... I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I think they're explicit enought about the entire modifying process...

Greetings

Antonio

That is a lot of work on what is a pretty erhm..."basic"...kit. Congrats on keeping at it, I'd have blown mine up with firecrackers long before thinking of detailing it that well. Looks great, loads and loads of detail work.

I hate to ask, but are you going to make any little Ewoks to go with it? :thumbsup:

Alvis 3.1

I hope to meet the standards and don't dissapoint anyone....

"I hate to ask, but are you going to make any little Ewoks to go with it? "

Alvis.... It's going to be a surprise.... jejejeje

Now the body of the AT-ST

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Greetings

Antonio Ces