Zoinks gang! I`m just about to kick off this build and it fits the GB! :thumbsup:

17 (Reserve) Squadron are the Typhoon evaluation squadron of The RAF. They test the latest production marks and new weapon fits for Typhoon. One of the latest marks is the T.3 two-seater with all the latest whistles and bells such as PIRATE. I`m lacking a 17 ® Sqn type in my Typhoon collection, as well as a T.3.

So here goes then.........

Just finished basic construction of the pilot`s position. I`m going to model the A/C with a pilot up front, and the rear seat free to show-off at least one crew station. I already have a rear seat and console from a previous build that became a single seater, but I`m pretty sure this is well under the `previously modelled` percentage.

Jet in question will be ZJ815 `AY`

And here She is, giving it large in Wales.... :cheers:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Eu...hoon/1383966/M/

Cheers all,

Ian

Edited by Ian Buick
Zoinks gang! I`m just about to kick off this build and it fits the GB! :thumbsup:

17 (Reserve) Squadron are the Typhoon evaluation squadron of The RAF. They test the latest production marks and new weapon fits for Typhoon. One of the latest marks is the T.3 two-seater with all the latest whistles and bells such as PIRATE. I`m lacking a 17 ® Sqn type in my Typhoon collection, as well as a T.3.

So here goes then.........

Just finished basic construction of the pilot`s position. I`m going to model the A/C with a pilot up front, and the rear seat free to show-off at least one crew station. I already have a rear seat and console from a previous build that became a single seater, but I`m pretty sure this is well under the `previously modelled` percentage.

Jet in question will be ZJ815 `AY`

And here She is, giving it large in Wales.... :woot.gif:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/Eu...hoon/1383966/M/

Cheers all,

Ian

Looking forward to this one! Love the typhoon, the two seater is the best version too. Nice one.

Tim

Did a bit of unremarkable donkey work today, so here is a pic of the backseat which required minimal refurbing.

There really isn`t much added to this cockpit other than a few bits of plasticard here and there. I found it hard to justify the expense of aftermarket when the Revell original is so good..........so I didn`t. :worship:

1-1.jpg

Cheers all :D

Ian

Thanks Bosse

Nice banner BTW, Ra`am 201 was almost my choice over the Fulcrum.

The unremarkable donkey work on Typhoon T.3 continues. When I do something worthy of pics, I`ll post them.

Cheers, Ian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Good to see an update. Can't tell from the pic but is the pilot figure a generic one or specifically an RAF one?

He`s a generic guy from the spares box. RAF and EU pilots in-situe are really tough to source.

Sorry to have `gone fishing` again, I`m getting back to it tonight (dratted reality sucks up model time :angry: )

Cheers, Ian :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

The modelling has been happening (one of my few links to sanity sometimes) but sometimes I just don`t have time for computer stuff these days. Any hoo, here is how Tiffie ZJ815 looked a couple of weeks ago. This shows how I closed off the gaping hole behind the intakes with plasticard.

z2.jpg

Sinces then, the assembly of fuselage and wings has taken place.

Cheers all, :explode:

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Avoiding TV like the plague has helped me along with The Tiffie.

Pics to come, but she is assembled and sprayed with first two coats of grey.

U/cart etc also ready, but I`ve been slow with the weapons.

Cheers, Ian

He`s a generic guy from the spares box. RAF and EU pilots in-situe are really tough to source.

Yes RAF pilots in any scale are seemingly hard to find, aren't they. :( I have the 1/48 Revell Eurofighter and the Italeri Hawk in the stash and would love to have the RAF specific pilots for them. Looking forward to the next update.

• 3 months later...