Eduard 1/32 Bf-109E-1

I see Hannants still have it listed as a future release. I wonder how much it will be going for, as I reckon I will have to get myself one.

Looks very good from first impressions

Looks like around $64 USD, according to GreatModels who is apparently taking pre-orders. Pretty cool and I understand they are going to be releasing more 1/32 109's this year. :pray:

Greg

Looks like around $64 USD, according to GreatModels who is apparently taking pre-orders. Pretty cool and I understand they are going to be releasing more 1/32 109's this year. :pray:

Greg

Yes, the word from Eduard was that they will release E-3, E-4, and E-7 as well. Plus trop versions. Wasn't clear if the trop kits were seperate releases, or if they basic kits would just include optional trop parts.

And the latest Eduard newsletter suggests they plan to release some more 1/32 kits in the future.

The new toy fair report up at greatmodels.com seems to indicate a Royal Class boxing of the 1/32 Bf109E is in the works... gonna be really expensive, but I'll be interested to see what they pack in with it, and what kind of decal options it will include.

Some photos of the built up kit here.

http://www.primeportal.net/models/thomas_voigt3/eduard/

Does the gear look off to anyone else? It looks to me like the legs are attached almost straight up and down instead splayed at an angle like it should and it makes the nose sit up too high. Hopefully, it's just an error in the build.

I can't view the link above, but there are pics on Eduard's site here:

http://www.eduard.cz/info/photos/3001/

The gear seem to be attached at an agle in those pics.

I can't view the link above, but there are pics on Eduard's site here:

http://www.eduard.cz/info/photos/3001/

The gear seem to be attached at an agle in those pics.

You may have to try refreshing the prime portal page a couple of times to get the pics to load. Thanks for the shots on the Eduard site. You can see the gear splayed there, but for some reason, it still looks very nose high too me, like the gear is too long or the angle is wrong. I'm wondering if it's the old problem of making the gear struts in the no-weight condition.

Does the gear look off to anyone else?

Noticed that, and also that the main wheel hubs are nearly flat, whereas the real ones have a noticeable "dome" (the hub sits higher than the rim) and the spokes are much deeper than depicted. Not sure why Eduard missed such a prominent feature of the early 109s, as Tamiya did it quite nicely on their 1/48 kit.

Along that same line, I did note that the newest iteration of their Hellcat features resin wheels. I wonder if they took heed of the copious commentary about the anemic wheels on the sprues?

J

Along that same line, I did note that the newest iteration of their Hellcat features resin wheels. I wonder if they took heed of the copious commentary about the anemic wheels on the sprues?

Doesn't it have something to do with the specific subtype in that kit ??

D

If anyone's thinking about buying this kit, there's a copy on ebay right now with a buy-it-now price of $58.80. Which is a pretty good price I think. Seller is based in USA.

I buy from this seller all the time, he's very reliable, and ships very quickly.

Doesn't it have something to do with the specific subtype in that kit ??

D

No. Some have said that early F6F-3s had narrower tires/wheels, but I've never seen any proof of that. All other Hellcats during the war had the same wheel/tire. Eduard's is just too skinny, that's all. Even if you do agree that very early ones had narrower wheels, that doesn't account for the other 12,000+ aircraft having wider ones, so it would have made no sense for them to have molded narrow ones common to all their kits.

Later style hubs were a post-war thing.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's out now. Strange that there haven't been any comments about it here since this thread last got written to over a week ago.

Anyway, it looks to be a great kit in the box. I think I'll do mine in Spanish Civil War markings using the decal sheet that came with the Lone Star early 109 conversion.

I just got mine this weekend.

first off it's an AWESOME kit! I can't wait to build it . I have found a few issues though -first off, the way the oil cooler intake duct is made there is a huge hole on either side (but the top is there). Since it's 1/32 you probably will want to fill these holes as they will really stand out should someone look into the oil radiator! Also - something is wrong in the way it's engineered. It sits too far forward -if you slide it back to where it needs to be it spreads the nose apart at the oil cooler seam. Something needs to be trimmed..

I don't like the way they did the fabric on the control surfaces - this will need to be redone on mine. I have heard a few responses to people who were worried by photos from people building the kit that the effect didn't look too bad - well to me they look as bad in person as they do in photos. . They did a fine job on the F6F controls - wonder why they molded these this way? Not a huge problem, but it would have been nice to have them glue ready OOB. The beautiful thing is that they are all seperate!

The pit looks good but is sparse -so I'll add some "junk" to make it look somewhat busier. I don't like the way the made the map case on the right side. This creates a HUGE hole that looks completely out of place I would rather have rather had the map case as a separate part. Im not sure how I'm going to fix this but it shouldn't be too hard.

Also - the moldings are rough in places and the fit for the wings isn't a snap fit. But nothing serious - awesome model actually. But anyone considering building it should not expect it to fall together like a Tamiya kit, because based on my dry fitting, it's going to take a little work to get it together.

Mind you - nothing serious so far..

Regards,

Frank

Edited by FrankC