How Long Should the Me 262-B2 Be?

The B1a was 10.6m long, excluding radar array, but I'm not totally sure of the extended length of the B2a. I have seen a figure of 1500mm extra quoted, but this does not agree with the extension quoted by Alan W Hall (approximately 1030mm extra). I would appreciate some authoritative answer :crying2:

Cheers,

Bruce

Edited by Brews

Sorry, not an answer, just another question: were any B-2a aircraft actually built? I've seen drawings but no airframes.

edit: okay, after looking this over a bit more I'm confused. I've got the A-1a at 10.6 meters (numerous sources) and the B-1a at 12.12 or so. (39 ft. 9.5 in. as measured at Wings of Freedom Aviation Museum, and it doesn't have any radar aerials installed) Which plane are you trying to track down exactly?

Edited by David Walker
Sorry, not an answer, just another question: were any B-2a aircraft actually built? I've seen drawings but no airframes.

Once again according to the Airmodel instruction, several airframes were in advanced stages of contruction by the end of the war in Europe.

Cheers,

Andre

Once again according to the Airmodel instruction, several airframes were in advanced stages of contruction by the end of the war in Europe.

Thank you all, and yes, this does help. I think we can narrow it down to somewhere between a 1.1 and 1.5m extension, based on this discussion. 1.03m is obviously right out.

I'm making the conversion as set out by Allan W. Hall in 1966. Yes, I'm aware that the Airmodel kit exists, but there is a cross-forum GB to honour the late AW Hall and his influence on kitbashing (e.g at www.britmodeller.com).