Now...here is camo scheme for the most famous of the Czechoslovak Su-24M named "LÉTAJÃÂCàZAPALOVAČ"/Flying lighter

The airplane is in the form just after the end of war and bears the traces of operational damages.

For night flights was on the bottom surface application of dark gray stripes and black spots.

Su-24M.png

I have one question.....WHAT is politically correct or incorrect??????? I mean,that here we are in "What if",and there is NOTHING politically correct or incorrect.....

Edited by PantherG
I have to wonder... If the Czechoslovaks have a navy... Exactly Where are the ports? I'm assuming they're Somewhere on the Mediterranean, as it's most logical, and I'm guessing they're what most of us might know as Yugoslav ports? I wouldn't mind seeing the geography of that thought, I don't remember Czechoslovakia having any waterfront property - Austria, Yugoslavia and Italy are kind of in the way.

Just kinda wondering there.

In another what-if sub-line we have seas since the 14th century Czech Kingdom, since reign of king Karel IV.

Borders of then Czech Kingdom were Rhine River on the west, Carpathian Mountains on the east, Baltic Sea on the north and Mediterranean Sea on the south (this is not what-if, it's fact). So it offers wide field for Czech Navy what-ifs.

Here are my Czech Navy what-if variations on my favorite plane...

CZ_A-4E.JPG

CZ_A-4EM.JPG

Edited by Tango

Panther,

WOW :coolio: The 102 is way cool!!! So is the SU-24, nice modeling job. I never thought of doing something like that...

All I'll have to do is get the Model Master or Polly S equvilents for Humbrol paints.

Unless I order them from somewhere, I can't get them where I live.

Cheers, Ian

Hallo,Ian...

Thank You...Is nice,that my poor sketche is good for You.

About colours: I used colors only from Humbroll,Revell (enamels) and except from czech manufacturer Agama ( http://www.agama-model.cz/ ).

You must search colours "converter"( is it the right term?) on the web....

I will next give the names of colours to sketches....

In the case of "czech" F-102 colours are: light blue undersurfaces (Model Master 2078),top is in Desert Yellow (Model Master 2120),Green FS 34102(or Dark Green Model Master 2060) and Dark Earth (Model Master 2054)...

I promise next time drawings add color Model Master, if it at least possible.

Now....more from my archive...

F-100 D Super Sabre in Czechoslovak duty.... (colours are like on F-102 - "Standart camouflage scheme of early ´60"

F-100Superavle.png

Post-war fighter S-47 N (S for "stíhací = fighter/pursuit)..."Bivoj" is a heavy hitter from the Czech ancient epic.

S-47aa.png

And the last today: From WW II captured and in Czechoslovak Air Force used Messerschmitt Bf-110 C..(From history line,in which Czechoslovakia submitted the "Munich treaty" and fight against Nazi Germany...)

Me-110c.png

OOPS...colours Are(from top): Light Gray,Ochre,Dark Earth and Dark Green....

Edited by PantherG

Panther,

Hey, I like all your diagrams. They are way cool :thumbsup:

Didn't he Czech AF actually fly Bf-110s for a brief period after the war ended? I know your country used the Me-262 into the 1950s if I'm not mistaken.

I built one a few years ago using the Italieri 1/48th 262 kit and aftermarket decals.

I plan on making a Czech 102 using your diagrams, but I'm not sure what the designation would be. Didn't Avia produce most of your countries aircraft?

The Me-262 was changed to Avia S-92, so what do you think the F-102 would have been?

Interesting...........

Cheers, Ian

hello, here you have some slightly improvedczech build Me-262, flown by ex-RAF pilot squadron leader J.Maňák, scored two confirmed kill (1x Yak-9, 1xMiG-9) and his colleauge ex-RAF,ex-east front pilot L.Å rom scored 1x MiG-9 . This plane wore experimental "high speed high fighter" camouflage.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2...9b71c77122714b6

Panther,

Hey, I like all your diagrams. They are way cool :thumbsup:

Didn't he Czech AF actually fly Bf-110s for a brief period after the war ended? I know your country used the Me-262 into the 1950s if I'm not mistaken.

I built one a few years ago using the Italieri 1/48th 262 kit and aftermarket decals.

I plan on making a Czech 102 using your diagrams, but I'm not sure what the designation would be. Didn't Avia produce most of your countries aircraft?

The Me-262 was changed to Avia S-92, so what do you think the F-102 would have been?

Interesting...........

Cheers, Ian

Ian,

in reall history became Letov the main aircraft factory after WWII..

Olda,

Thats a cool paint scheme. I never saw pictures of the S-92 in those colors. The only pics I could find showed the 92 in Slate Gray, almost a solid green color, so thats what I did mine in.

Thanks for all the info :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Hallo,Ian..

As wrote colleague Olda Homola, major post-war manufacturer has a factory LETOV. In ´50 air production in the factory Avia was closed(on real history) .... Messerschmitt Bf-100 C is the pure What if and my fantasy.. In fact, it was used several pieces Fw-190, Ju-87 D, He-219 and several other (mainly for testing) and a small series of Me-262 and Bf-109 G...

About F-102s :These airplanes were purchased in the U.S. and in Czechoslovakia were not produced.

Panther,

I've never heard of LETOV, but its good to know. I always thought Avia was the only Czech aircraft manufacturer.

Thats what I love about this site, I just learned something new ^_^

Anyway, What-if, in the late 50's, LETOV, licenced built the Delta Dagger from Convair in Czechslovakia, kind of like Mitsubishi did in Japan with the F-4 Phantom in the 70s.

So, should I call my "what if" 102 the CS-102 or should I call it something else? What do you think?

Cheers, Ian

Panther,

I've never heard of LETOV, but its good to know. I always thought Avia was the only Czech aircraft manufacturer.

Thats what I love about this site, I just learned something new ^_^

Anyway, What-if, in the late 50's, LETOV, licenced built the Delta Dagger from Convair in Czechslovakia, kind of like Mitsubishi did in Japan with the F-4 Phantom in the 70s.

So, should I call my "what if" 102 the CS-102 or should I call it something else? What do you think?

Cheers, Ian

It isn't good idea.

CS mark is signify for training planes (in real history was CS-102 used for licence MiG-15UTI).For fighters was used marks with only S-see this table of S/CS marks for jet planes:

S-92 - Me-262A

CS-92 - Me-262A rebuild for Me-262B

S-101 - Jak-23 (our only one Jak-17 hadn't S mark)

S-102 - MiG-15

CS-102 - MiG-15UTI

S-103 - MiG-15bis

S-104 - MiG-17PF (+ two MiG-17F)

S-105 - MiG-19 (sumarize S, P and PM)

S-106 - MiG-21F-13 (only during prepares for license production)

More S marks for jet planes were not used because our air force turnet his sign to original names and this names were scratched.

About czech (czechoslovak) planes kodes:

S is for "stíhací" = fighter/pursuit

CS is for "cvičný stíhací" = trainer fighter

And now: Licensed build of Delta Daggers....Yes..is possible....Maybe named "Letov S-1102 Perun" ....I meant: S for fighter,number: the first "1" is for marking of licensed built,"102" from origin type marking.... "Perun" is Ancient slavic "god of thunder".....In US marking is this plane known like F-102 CS (like CzechSlovakia)...

Can this be? Is this acceptable?

About Czechoslovak Aircraft manufacturers: Before WW II was the well known firms Aero,Avia and Letov...but others makes airplanes too,especially sports planes lika "Zlin" or "Praga" or "Beneš - Mráz",before WW II well knowned sports planes of "Beta" family (Be 50 BETA MINOR,Be 51 BETA MINOR,Be 52 BETA MAJOR,Be 252 BETA SCOLAR,Be 501 BIBI,Be 550 BIBI,Be 555 SUPERBIBI)...

Edited by PantherG

I think the largest manufacturer of (real) post-war Czechoslovakia was not Letov, or Avia, but Aero. Even if I will not count licensed production of MiGs - Their own 3500 L-29 Delfín and around 2800 L-39 Albatros is quite significant production. Letov had a considerable proportion on the production of them, but it was under the leadership of Aero.

I think the largest manufacturer of (real) post-war Czechoslovakia was not Letov, or Avia, but Aero. Even if I will not count licensed production of MiGs - Their own 3500 L-29 Delfín and around 2800 L-39 Albatros is quite significant production. Letov had a considerable proportion on the production of them, but it was under the leadership of Aero.

I think that count of builded planes in Letov and in Aero are comparable because MiGs (expectly MiG-15) was build partly in Letov (tails and wings) and partly in Aero (final assembly).Same method was used with many L-29

Hallo,Ian

Be cool. I am a computer illiterate and I did it. With the help of fellow modelers.

I look forward to the results of your work. Have fun.

Cheers,PantherG/Václav (Wendy)

P.S. "Perun" read Pae-roon :thumbsup:

Edited by PantherG

Something new,especially for Ian (imatt88).....

At the beginning of'60 the company McDonnell has offered its plane F-3H Demon to some European Air Forces. The demonstration used several advertising coatings. Here shown was used to offer for Czechoslovakia Navy.

The aircraft, however, was not introduced into the equipment "Cz.Navy" for reasons of unsatisfactory performance.

Initially it was just a joke from me, but later I have placed the airplane into the "History of Cz.Navy".

mcdonnell_f3_3v.jpg

Edited by PantherG

Panther,

Been busy the last week or so, so I haven't been online to check this threads progress...

I like the Cz Navy Demon. It looks like you have it in flight demonstration team markings of some type. If I built one, I would probably go with markings similar to the Skyhawk schemes you posted earlier.

Hey, what if...the Czech AF bought F-4 Phantoms for air defence/ground attack missions circa mid 1960s?

BTW, I just started my Perun, but progress is slow.. :blink:

Cheers, Ian

Hallo,Ian

Nice to see You again :)

Skyhawks are from a friend Tango. He draws nicer planes than I do.But this Skyhawks drew more. I look forward to see Perun on the runway.

For the week, we have competition and exhibition, with models, so I have to complete some of my models. Our "What if" will have a separate section. Photos will certainly deliver.....

Cheers,PantherG

Edited by PantherG