Backdate B-52G to B-52F?

Impossible. The G has the short tail, the gun in the back is completely different. The G crewman was up front in the cockpit area, in the F and all models before, he was in the back of the plane.

If you wanted to, you could take the Revell 1/72 B-52 D, use the G engines from AMT and paint the bird in a siver color. That would be your best bet, paying close attention to the antennas and so forth.

HTH

Ric

Hi Ric - Thanks, that's exactly the kind of conversion I'm talking about - I should have mentioned I wasn't planning on using a 'G as the base (although you'll need one for the engines). However, were the 'F's engine pods exactly the same as the G's J57's? I seem to recall there being differences in the alternator arrangements.

P.

Hi Ric - Thanks, that's exactly the kind of conversion I'm talking about - I should have mentioned I wasn't planning on using a 'G as the base (although you'll need one for the engines). However, were the 'F's engine pods exactly the same as the G's J57's? I seem to recall there being differences in the alternator arrangements.

P.

Use the Monogram kit, use the AMT engine...add the, I think its the accessory drive bump to the left side of the engine. Bingo....instant F. I am working on one now.

The F/G engine nacelles were identical. The difference between that an the nacelle of a B-52D is the alternator (or generator?) fairing on the left side - and - the bullet fairing inside the intake instead of a flat faced intake screen. The F/G had a big bullet and visible compressor inlet guide vanes that the D (and earlier) didn't.

J