Agressors F-14A NSAWC - F-15DJ in 1/32

The aft photo is what i was greeted with when i arrived home this afternoon and walked in the door. I immediately grabbed the camera for the shot! it reminds me of an awesome shot in this tomcat book i have where its waiting behind the cat deflector barrier in the morning and it has the same effect.

Benny

Yeaaahh absolutely that's the best I think tooo....

It reminds me though when the a/c "get" out of the inner of the carrier and goes to the ramp (i mean the lift that bring it up on the deck) at the dawn or dusk...really amazing!

in those pics you can clearly see the exact same thing as your plane...those streaks of the panel lines touched up with paints and the action of the salt and sea water....fantastic!!!

you could edit it with photoshop!!!!

I'd love to :) ehehe

Cheers

:salute:

Yeaaahh absolutely that's the best I think tooo....

It reminds me though when the a/c "get" out of the inner of the carrier and goes to the ramp (i mean the lift that bring it up on the deck) at the dawn or dusk...really amazing!

in those pics you can clearly see the exact same thing as your plane...those streaks of the panel lines touched up with paints and the action of the salt and sea water....fantastic!!!

you could edit it with photoshop!!!!

I'd love to :) ehehe

Cheers

HAHA dude! Thats exactly what it looked like to me as soon as i walked in the back door i had it sitting on the back table and it was just the right time of day and the right light. You have permission to photoshop it i might make an effort on it as well. I will find that picsture in my book tonight or try to find a similar one on the web maybe...

See the thing i love most about it is when you look at the model normally it looks quite normal but when you get it in the right light thats what it does. AS the NSAWC jet does look like its in quite good condition in my photos that i have of it.

Edited by benjo

Just to smile dude......I did it in 2 mins....so be kind!

Poor effects and stuff I know...also finding the base pic was reaaaaally hard!

but makes what we had in the head LOL LOL!

a40o3q.jpg

Cheers

:rolleyes:

EDIT: ok it sucks alot....but hey 2 mins....forgive me LOL LOL!!!!

Ciaooo

Edited by Jack-Swiss
Just to smile dude......I did it in 2 mins....so be kind!

Poor effects and stuff I know...also finding the base pic was reaaaaally hard!

but makes what we had in the head LOL LOL!

a40o3q.jpg

Cheers

:huh:

EDIT: ok it sucks alot....but hey 2 mins....forgive me LOL LOL!!!!

Ciaooo

HAHA WICKED BRO i think i coulnd even do that in 2 hours!

that really is the idea

LOL thanks dude...I think it would look even better in an in-flight position though....in a dawn situation or something...you know?!

But it's reaaaally difficult to find a picture even for the carrier ones...and then you should have time to remove the real plane is there, copy the background stilll makin it real and attach your plane....mmhhh

kinda difficult!

I still think your plane looks more convincing with the window then with my photoshop job!!!!LOL LOL

Cheers

LOL thanks dude...I think it would look even better in an in-flight position though....in a dawn situation or something...you know?!

But it's reaaaally difficult to find a picture even for the carrier ones...and then you should have time to remove the real plane is there, copy the background stilll makin it real and attach your plane....mmhhh

kinda difficult!

I still think your plane looks more convincing with the window then with my photoshop job!!!!LOL LOL

Cheers

HAHA nah dude, my picture looks like a real tomcat parked on the kitchen table and yours looks like a real tomcat parked at the edge of the earth in the sunset. at least your pic is OUTSIDE the kitchen HAHA

• 2 weeks later...
Shes nearly done now. Just need some sidewinders and one of those red sidewinder without fins looking things. which i need to find more reference before i build.

You are looking for an AMCI or TACTS pod. There are a lot of references in the "walkaround" section. you have to look at specific planes (like the F-18, F-14 etc) but there are some pretty good pics there. otherwise try the MATS F-14 page.

BTW, how did you do the weathering? was it preshading, pastels, or something else? the jet looks great. the effect is perfect, just enough to be seen but not over done. great job!

Also, I am doing this jet in 1/48 do you have any references you could pass along? I have found about 5 pics, but they are difficult to find.

Edited by graves_09

The weathering is a mixture of preshading and some post shading with the airbrush. most of it is the post shading though, i always make sure i never ever really clean out my airbrush completely ensuring a mottled finish slowly and slowly overall. the blue areas and grey areas all have a mottleness of gradual color difference. I have never used the pastels. but i do give it a wash with water and tamiya flat black/dark gray/brown. but when you use this you need a semilgloss surface and you need to remove the wash immediately after you apply it i use my finger! be carefull how u hold the model if you do this, for obvious reasons. the coat it in your clear again. The weathering also changes with the light too. this is because i have varied the surface not only with different shades of color, but also different levels of closs and flat mottle the surface.

Benny

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did that scheme on a 1/32 Revell Tomcat back in 03? when I first got my airbrush. I was just learning, and getting back into the hobby. I have decided to take mine down, and work it over to see if I can improve it, to half the quality of your build.

• 3 weeks later...

That kit gived you a head start with the recessed panel lines, good cockpit n all that. if you have some left over or extra Tamiya exhausts they can be modefied to fit. Let me know if you want to know how.

Benny